Flatlander in Florida, not Floridaman, but I Know a Guy d

qrprat77

FNG
Bonjour!
I'm in central Florida, and am researching a trip west with my brother. We've talked about hunting Elk for a long time, and we're at the point in time in our lives when if we want to make it happen, we probably could!
I am an experienced small game hunter and we both have chased whitetails, him with more success than I.
I'm seeking to learn right now, and am looking for a good first place to start. I found this place researching loads for my brand new Savage axis in 30-06.
How do you all do?

Sent from my SM-G889A using Tapatalk

Ekendust

FNG
Hey qrpratt, I too am new to the forum and very impressed. I also live in Central Florida in Brevard. My friends and I drew an Idaho Mule deer tag for general firearm season. We're planning on flying out in mid-October and then renting a van or SUV to get us to a trail head. I was wondering if you and your brother had drawn any tags yet and if you planned on going through a guide in some capacity or doing it completely DIY?

Greetings. I am also in central florida over on the west coast. Same boat as you as far as going west to hunt. But turkey season is right around the corner!

PNWGATOR

WKR
Welcome. Dig in here as there is a wealth of information. You’ve found the best hunting forum on the internet.

Go Gators!