I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but new bow suggestions?

dtrkyman

WKR
If you plan on not working on your own stuff buy something from the best local dealer, they should have a few company options and then each will likely have a couple you may want to try.

Shoot them and pick the one you like, easy as that.

Hard pressed to find a bad one now anyway!

n8saki

FNG
I thought about that. Is that shoulder strap a big difference? I've used the after market ones and never worked well.
It will be as the strap can be adjusted. Mathews whole SCS system is the best I’ve seen. For me, I’d look for a way to carry a bow I shoot better rather than adapt to a new system or cams.

Shoot as many as you can and find one you're comfortable and shoot well. FWIW, I have always been happy with my Primes...coming from a guy with shoulder issues.

OP
redarm31

redarm31

FNG
Shoot as many as you can and find one you're comfortable and shoot well. FWIW, I have always been happy with my Primes...coming from a guy with shoulder issues.
That’s so weird. I shot some primes and they felt horrible to my shoulder. just shows you how everyone is different.

Rob5589

WKR
The PSE Evolve cam is the smoothest cam I've shot. Even letting down doesn't rip your shoulder off.

n8saki

FNG
If you liked the Phase 4, get the SCS system with it which you can also use with their rope system and the shoulder strap. Personally I shoot a heavier bow better than a light bow.

Photo from their website.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 2.51.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 2.51.42 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Something from what you feel like is the best shop in the area.

Or you can order a press and learn on your own, but most all companies will still require warranty and parts to go through a dealer.

Might look for a local archery club to join. A lot of clubs have the tools, and even some individuals who know what they are doing, but also some that don't.

Draw cycle is a lot of what you are use to. A lot of the "smooth" or "easy" cams don't feel that way to me, but they just load at different points in the draw cycle. 60# is 60#, some might carry that weight a little longer in the power stroke, which will make it more aggressive, but it's a lot of just what you are use to.

Reactions: Zac

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I took a buddy that had never shot a bow before to the shop. He shot a PSE, Hoyt RX7, and Mathews Phase 4. After he was done I asked him which one he liked the best and he said "the Mathews......hands down". Someone else might pick the Hoyt, and another the PSE. You just don't know until you do.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Elite Basin= to light for me to shoot accurately with.
Mathews Switchback XT = light and draw cycle is rough on my bum shoulder.
Bowtech SR 350 = heavier and just right. Wonderful draw cycle on the comfort mode. Accuracy is great.

My preference is smooth as well. With adequate speed.

The two bows I have that fit both of those are the RX7 Ultra and the Bowtech SS34. Both as smooth to draw as any I’ve tried and getting good speed out of both.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
From experience shooting the pse omen (2022) I love it. I'm able to push a 560g arrow 280fps. If you look at one check out the newer one with the clips/snaps otherwise it can be a pain to tune.

I'm also in love with the bowtechs. Super smooth and so much adjustability to an extent.

Mathews Phase4 is tough to beat with Bridgelick sight and silencer paired with the new split limb design, it’s quiet….. But being a Mathews guy, the traverse and vertix were amazing bows. Someone here made a travertix, which would be the perfect bow. Might try finding one of those as part of your decision making process.

I shot a bunch of bows this year to upgrade from my elite synergy. I ended up with the phase 4 33. I wanted a pse omen but got turned off by the amount of vibration it had, really wish I could've shot one fully set up to see if accessories would have gotten rid of that. Phase 4 holds well, smooth to me, tuned pretty easily, super dead and quiet, ok speed.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
a bowtech with the deadlock tuning system. sooooo simple...... guarentee when the patent runs out its on everyones bow overnight
Agreed. When I bought my SR 350 at the bow shop, the guy had it adjusted and shooting bullet holes in the paper in about 15 minutes for me.

I shot a bunch of bows this year to upgrade from my elite synergy. I ended up with the phase 4 33. I wanted a pse omen but got turned off by the amount of vibration it had, really wish I could've shot one fully set up to see if accessories would have gotten rid of that. Phase 4 holds well, smooth to me, tuned pretty easily, super dead and quiet, ok speed.
If there’s one thing Mathews has done well it’s to get rid of vibration. But I’m unsure why that matters.

It’s definitely something that jumps out at you when firing a bow, but I’ve just never cared if it’s smooth drawing, easy holding, good back wall, simple tuning, and accurate.

I think vibration and “hand shock” has been made an issue through marketing and it’s caught on well. Every bow review I see mentions that as one of the first things.

I bet that Omen would have lost almost all of that with quiver, sight, rest, and bars.

If there’s one thing Mathews has done well it’s to get rid of vibration. But I’m unsure why that matters.

It’s definitely something that jumps out at you when firing a bow, but I’ve just never cared if it’s smooth drawing, easy holding, good back wall, simple tuning, and accurate.

I think vibration and “hand shock” has been made an issue through marketing and it’s caught on well. Every bow review I see mentions that as one of the first things.

I bet that Omen would have lost almost all of that with quiver, sight, rest, and bars.
I agree, I’ve never thought about hand shock before, but have never really had a bow that had very much. It was just so obvious when shooting the omen and phase 4 side by side. I’m pretty happy with the Mathew’s but I still want an omen lol