Flextail Zero Pump experience

Quackshack

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with this pad pump? Thinking about picking one up for the September elk woods. Call me a wimp, but this flatlander despises blowing up a pad up at 11k ft, getting a headache, dizzy, etc. The ability to deflate is appealing too.

Is this a piece of gear that your hunting partner makes fun of you for, but then wants to use it themselves?
ad574c57010e46ee9fa2b6a24b9f69e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

199p

FNG
I have one of the ubs rechargeable ones, its bloody handy, but a little slow. The light is great for at night can sit it up in my gear loft and read a book not using my headlamp juice.

mntnguide

WKR
I have the orange one that i think is the version before this one... and love that thing. 100% never leaving home without it

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

matagouri

FNG
Have bought one, just awaiting delivery of it from China...
Most of the rviews I read were pretty positive..

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
I have it, not a ton of experience. But another huge benefit is fire starting! Blowing up pad is plenty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDB9818

WKR
I have a different Flextail model, but I love that thing. Fills a pad fairly quickly and I like having the light.

Worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Avoids the dizziness/head rush, can be used to help start fires, and eliminates breathing moisture into your pad that eventually leads to mold. For such a small weight penalty I think it's definitely worth packing.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
Same as others, I have an older and heavier and like it. A buddy on a trip this winter had this newest version and it was great. Same functionality as the one I have but in a lot sleeker package.

I have both the old and new version, the old version is rechargeable and the new one is not. In addition I believe the old one blows way more air due to its battery capacity. I bough the first on Amazon and got it the next day, the shipping on the flextail zero took nearly a month as it passed through customs. Great unit. Old one is better

CB1

FNG
Buddy of mine brought the orange one on a trip this past year. Surprised me how well it worked. Lots of other uses as mentioned.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Worked great for me on a recent trip. I have a new one, and it is rechargeable. It has a removable battery with a usb-c port for recharging. It inflated my pad in less than a minute. I tried it once to deflate, but I found it easier to deflate without it. My pad is a Therm-a-Rest xtherm if that makes a difference.

Buddy of mine brought the orange one on a trip this past year. Surprised me how well it worked. Lots of other uses as mentioned.
For sure, we used ours to blow into our seek outside stove, it super charges its and gets it roaring in the stove. One of the units even had a light on the bottom.

ARK08

FNG
I have a Flextail Tiny Pump X and I love it. I especially love that the X has a LED light/lantern. Unfortunately, the Zero does not have a light, meaning I would have to carry a light, somewhat negating the weight savings.

OP
Quackshack

Quackshack

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I was set on buying the Pump Zero, but now I'm not sure which one to get. Analysis Paralysis!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Read1t48

WKR
They are totally worth it. Mine has the LED light, blows up a pad multiple times without getting breath condensation in the pad, and starts a fire like nobody’s business. I can get a full size wall tent stove roaring in less than 30 seconds with this pump. They are legit.