Florida ROKSLIDERS.........

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The latest radar.

277115df3946be3c0c282fe30ad6a7e1.jpg
5f7aafe7868147a59276311868d11316.jpg

Left is current as of 1pm EST and right is yesterday’s radar around 5pm.

Reports are right now saying it has now hit the Gulfstream and the storm hit high pressure, which knocked down its wind to 120 mph. It is struggling to reform and is now picked up foot speed from 1mph to 5 mph heading WNW and expecting to turn dead north up the coastline.
If it comes inshore and where is still a guess but Cape Canaveral seems to be close ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
Randy , congratulations to Boise State :( . I haven’t been too worried about this hurricane for the last three days honestly. I knew when I got thunderstorms here three days ago from a front and Dorian basically stopped on the Bahamas it wasn’t coming here. My heart hurts when I think of the people of the Bahamas though. I can’t even begin to imagine having a cat 5 hurricane just park on top of me for three days ! I expect the islands struck to be wiped out completely. I’m expecting some islands will no longer exist and be reefs. Storm surge for days on end driven by 185 mph winds at times will be catastrophic !
Dorian has already cost me a grand plus in lost business. The ports are closed through Thursday.

RobertsA

FNG
Randy , congratulations to Boise State :( . I haven’t been too worried about this hurricane for the last three days honestly. I knew when I got thunderstorms here three days ago from a front and Dorian basically stopped on the Bahamas it wasn’t coming here. My heart hurts when I think of the people of the Bahamas though. I can’t even begin to imagine having a cat 5 hurricane just park on top of me for three days ! I expect the islands struck to be wiped out completely. I’m expecting some islands will no longer exist and be reefs. Storm surge for days on end driven by 185 mph winds at times will be catastrophic !
Dorian has already cost me a grand plus in lost business. The ports are closed through Thursday.
I’ve seen some videos where people’s homes are flooded up to the 2nd story and entire communities of the islands are just wiped out... Man I can’t imagine what those people have going on and I pray the lord be with them. Terrible situation.

A native South Florida I moved to the middle of the state west of Gainesville on a 200' high hill after Andrew. I just can't take another storm on the coast. Good luck to all those in the way. I did not evacuate for Hurricane Andrew and really wish I had. The smart early native people lived on hills and if there were none they built them out of shells. The really really smart native people hoofed it north to the Carolinas for the summer. I'm writing this from my hurricane hide in Upper Michigan. I'm too old to fight the storm.
A few things have burnt in my memory. I can't forget learning about hurricane Camile what totally wiped away some solid buildings in the Gulf Coast.
I just made a good donation to the Bahama Red Cross.
Goodl luck to all in the path of peril on the East Coast.

Shrek

WKR
A native South Florida I moved to the middle of the state west of Gainesville on a 200' high hill after Andrew. I just can't take another storm on the coast. Good luck to all those in the way. I did not evacuate for Hurricane Andrew and really wish I had. The smart early native people lived on hills and if there were none they built them out of shells. The really really smart native people hoofed it north to the Carolinas for the summer. I'm writing this from my hurricane hide in Upper Michigan. I'm too old to fight the storm.
A few things have burnt in my memory. I can't forget learning about hurricane Camile what totally wiped away some solid buildings in the Gulf Coast.
I just made a good donation to the Bahama Red Cross.
Goodl luck to all in the path of peril on the East Coast.
I went down for relief work for Andrew. It was amazing and humbling. Entire subdivisions leveled to the slab ! I couldn’t imagine being there in Homestead.

Bowfisher

FNG
04cc633753d8f4d1830f011b19a6fb96.jpg

That’s me, the blue dot . That’s Dorian breathing down our necks. About 60 miles east of WBP. This is huge. Don’t matter where it hits, because everyone will feel huge wind and flooding. It might wipe out the coast AND the inland of most of the state of Florida if it comes heading due west. Hopefully, it hits the Gulfstream and is held off shore until hitting cooler water which will dissipate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully is doesn't blow away the iguanas!! I was down there just west of FLL, shooting iguanas with the blowgun. I saw a couple of monster I wasn't able to stick, I was planning on coming back for them in Dec. Stay safe!

The emergency room nurse laughed at me when I had to get my thumb stitched from an Iguana bite a few years ago. We take hibiscus flowers on a small hook and fish for them when I visit my buddies down there. I’m going down for a Python hunt this winter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk