Fly Rod on a Float Hunt

Oh man, I saw the most beautiful girl on the way to getting D&D (she was from Moldovia) and that night a guy got stabbed in whole taking a piss in the urinal.

No idea how that has to do with fly fishing in kotzebue.

D&D pizza is some of the best ever. Pretty amazing what happens out there in the summer, people from all over the world show up for the commercial fishing and the sport fishing.

I don’t know Chip really, but Jim and I will visit regularly on the river. I figure I’m one of the few guides he doesn’t growl at. Last few years he’s been nicknamed the angry angler. He’s a good fisherman.

I don’t know Chip really, but Jim and I will visit regularly on the river. I figure I’m one of the few guides he doesn’t growl at. Last few years he’s been nicknamed the angry angler. He’s a good fisherman.
Ha, ha, that's pretty funny. I haven't seen Jim in quite a while, but we go back probably close to 30 years now. We fished a fair amount together back in the mid 90's,

The industry has really changed out in King Salmon. 10 years or so ago, about the time the Quinalt burned down, there were 1/2 dozen independent guides staying busy, plus all the lodge based guides. Now even the one remaining hotel has their own guides. Jim is the last independent one still guiding. The others still around just don’t get much if any work.