Flying moose rack RAVN/Delta

mtbraun

FNG
Got a nice rack I want to fly home with me and heard its possible to fly antlers as a checked bag. I will call both airlines, but in the meantime checking to see if anyone has done this. If so, what worked best and are there any pitfalls to avoid? Thank you.

OP
M

mtbraun

FNG
So I'm going to need to send this air or ground freight. The antlers are too big for checked bag on both airlines. I called Alaska Air and they won't ship it air cargo because I'm not a known shipper. I really don't want to go Fedex because of past bad experiences. There has to be more options that I'm missing. Anyone?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
So I'm going to need to send this air or ground freight. The antlers are too big for checked bag on both airlines. I called Alaska Air and they won't ship it air cargo because I'm not a known shipper. I really don't want to go Fedex because of past bad experiences. There has to be more options that I'm missing. Anyone?
Call this guy.

IMG_4843.jpeg

roymunson

WKR
I used Alaska Trophy Express. $900 got me my antlers and all my meat shipped to Ohio. I have to drive about 2 1/2 hours to a pickup point to get it, but i was happy with that.

bates

WKR
I saw a nice rack on the belt getting loaded on the flight from Bethel on Alaska Air

i heard they allow maybe like 1 moose rack per flight... dunno

delta probably isnt as accommodating

Djacker

WKR
I saw 4 caribou racks boxed together at baggage claim Monday morning that came Alaska Air. If your flying from Anchorage look at Alaska Trophy Expediters. I talked to him at Lake and Penn Sunday afternoon, seems like a great guy.

OP
M

mtbraun

FNG
I ended up taking it to Knights Taxidermy in Anchorage and they are going to ship it back for me.