FMJ T64 arrows

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
I bought some T64 shafts and am about ready to cut them and make some arrows. I know that as long as you cut in front of the mark on the large end of the shaft you are okay.

However, in order to get the length of arrow I need I am still going to have to cut some off the 4MM end. My question:

Has anyone played with then enough to know whether it really matters if you are 1/4 an inch or 1.5 inches in front of the mark on the 6MM end of the shaft? I suspect the 6MM end is slightly heavier but only due to the additional circumference on that end.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
Those shafts are not tapered above the max cut off line, that’s the whole point of marking them so you know where to stop and not get into the taper. According to Easton, it’s 4” to the max cut line so you can take them down to 28” (I’m assuming they are 32” uncut). I just saw a YouTube vid from when they released these and the Easton rep said you could take a little off the nock end if you have to go shorter. I would however validate that with a caliper or something before I went chopping on the nock end of 300 dollar shafts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I checked them and they stay 4mm for a considerable ways up the shaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk