FNG from CO/MI

RgrLW2012

FNG
Greetings Everyone!

FNG to the forum and to hunting. My daughter and I started two years ago with turkey and have since hunted cottontails and squirrels. Next will be whitetail or mule deer depending on opportunity, or a cow elk.

I'm a former Army Infantryman who grew up in Michigan. I've lived in Colorado for several years, but went to school in Michigan's upper peninsula, and we are excited to move back in a few years (Keweenaw County/Eagle Harbor area). I'd like to learn everything I can, take advantage of the opportunities here in Colorado while I'm still here (ptarmigan is high on my list!), and have a good base of knowledge when we get to our forever location. Bonus if I can keep my daughters interested in the sport, and the time it gives us together, through their teenage years.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Wundy

FNG
Welcome aboard! My wife is from Michigan so I've gotten to hunt around the Auburn area. Love the drive through the UP

CRJR45

WKR
Welcome ! Michigan is a great place , to be from , LOL . I grew up there , hunted for Partridge mostly , miss it , but not the cold

Wundy

FNG
No kidding, buddy of mine is from auburn, I heard the deer hunting can be rough out there
Yeah it is, I've only ever seen a few doe and a spike. Still beats a day with the in-laws though

JaredM89

FNG
Welcome! and what is it with Michigan churning out Infantrymen?! Must be the water...But in all seriousness one of the best guys I've worked with was an 11 series from Michigan. Enjoy your remaining time here in CO!