FNG from CO

Lfkfam

FNG
Hello all. New guy from the hills of Colorado. I mainly hunt bird and if I’m lucky, I’ll bring home a deer every season or two. I enjoy fishing,cooking,hiking,snowboarding, and have recently gotten in to foraging. Looking forward to contributing to the forum. Thanks for having me. Here’s a shot of my hunting buddy ( RIP ) and a grouse we bagged last season. Cheers
e30b473bd4361ea3ecac7e647b22d303.jpg

OP
Lfkfam

Lfkfam

FNG
Interested in hearing more about the “foraging” you mentioned?
Strawberry and raspberry have been plentiful. Mushrooms are at their peak right now. I've only harvested a few Porcini mushrooms, I am brand new to picking those.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Strawberry and raspberry have been plentiful. Mushrooms are at their peak right now. I've only harvested a few Porcini mushrooms, I am brand new to picking those.
Pretty neat! I can’t believe the size of some of the mushrooms I’ve been seeing while backpacking. No idea which ones you can eat though?

OP
Lfkfam

Lfkfam

FNG
Pretty neat! I can’t believe the size of some of the mushrooms I’ve been seeing while backpacking. No idea which ones you can eat though?
Someone told me that this has been the best year for mushrooms in Colorado since 1983. I've only been taught and researched Porcini. Drying out my first batch now and looking forward to trying them out! It helps having a few locals assisting in a positive ID. What side of town are you on?

CoHiCntry

WKR
Someone told me that this has been the best year for mushrooms in Colorado since 1983. I've only been taught and researched Porcini. Drying out my first batch now and looking forward to trying them out! It helps having a few locals assisting in a positive ID. What side of town are you on?
Yeah, I can’t remember ever seeing so many big mushrooms. Some of them have tops as big as frisbees! I’m south of you quite a bit on the other side of the hill. In the mountains just west of C. Springs.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
Lfkfam

Lfkfam

FNG
Yeah, I can’t remember ever seeing so many big mushrooms. Some of them have tops as big as frisbees! I’m south of you quite a bit on the other side of the hill. In the mountains just west of C. Springs.

Too cool! Nice, I grew up in Parker before moving out here. Here’s a shot of the Porcini
82f72c010ec9e25f215ff8c9c165b428.jpg