FNG FROM PA HEADED TO MONTANA

13HELD

FNG
Hello everyone I have been a lurker for awhile now finally signed up. I grew up hunting and fishing in central Pennsylvania for 38 years. I hunt whitetails mainly and have always dreamed of hunting elk and mule deer. If successful in the draw this year I'll get my chance to chase both in Montana. Lots of info on here I have been planning for 2 years for my first western hunt.

OP
13HELD

13HELD

FNG
Just checked my account I was successful in the draw!!! Don't know why they drew early?

Woohoo Pennsylvania represent. If you put the time and work in you can get it done. I ended up with a bull my first year. It takes WORK, good luck

Congrats man. I'm also a PA native who transplanted to the west. Good luck and enjoy the process.

By the process, I mean the whole event. Thats what I noticed about my first western hunting trip. The drive, the camp the first beer around the campfire when you get there.

OP
13HELD

13HELD

FNG
Congrats man. I'm also a PA native who transplanted to the west. Good luck and enjoy the process.

By the process, I mean the whole event. Thats what I noticed about my first western hunting trip. The drive, the camp the first beer around the campfire when you get there.

Thanks definitely look forward to the whole process. My dad is going along to will be an awesome experience hopefully get him a shot first.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
welcome to rokslide and congrats on drawing a tag, where in montana do you plan on hunting? the state varies greatly in terrain, r u planning a eastern hunt or more mountainous area?

OP
13HELD

13HELD

FNG
Thanks...more mountainous areas southwest Montana