FNG from Western ND

nschneck

FNG
New guy here too. I am a former Eastern ND dweller and just visited TR National Park. Your side of the state is beautiful.

My gf is from Minot, ND we are doing a trip there shortly. Thinking of grabbing an OTC archery tag while I'm there. Any suggestions on locations?

slick

WKR
Nice to see ND fellas on here. I’m from Minot originally. Miss foggy mornings and a pile of ducks trying to land on ya, walleye fishing, the crackle of a rooster, moose heads above a field of corn, mule deer, elk, and sheep in the badlands. Post as many pictures as you can!

Welcome!!! We live in South Dakota now but both my husband and I grew up in North Dakota! Did you draw ND deer tag this year?!?

Welcome from the north coast of California! I joined this forum for the same reasons! I hope to do a tour through the northern states next summer and North Dakota is on my list. The laws are getting mighty oppressive here in CA. Not of CA, just grew up here and I don't mix with these folks at all. :cool:

Welcome from the north coast of California! I joined this forum for the same reasons! I hope to do a tour through the northern states next summer and North Dakota is on my list. The laws are getting mighty oppressive here in CA. Not of CA, just grew up here and I don't mix with these folks at all. :cool:
What part of Northern CA? I'm in the D11-15 zones right now but moving up to the Monterey area soon.

OP
pjww805

pjww805

FNG
My gf is from Minot, ND we are doing a trip there shortly. Thinking of grabbing an OTC archery tag while I'm there. Any suggestions on locations?
Are you a non resident? If so I'm not a big white tail hunter( only OTC archery tag you can get) but id look for public land near the river in the bottoms. Best of luck!

OP
pjww805

pjww805

FNG
Welcome!!! We live in South Dakota now but both my husband and I grew up in North Dakota! Did you draw ND deer tag this year?!?
I put in for a grassland muley tag with no luck. Thankfully archery is my preference of hunting via spot and stalk. Sept is almost here!