FNG in New England

Hey all — just introducing myself here. I’m an “emerging” hunter, picking up bowhunting in my 30s. Always spent a ton of time outdoors, hiking, enjoying nature. I was interested in hunting, but never had anyone I knew who did — finally said screw it and decided to learn on my own.

I’m two white tail seasons in here in New England and took my first deer this year. Needless to say, I’m hooked. I’ve used this forum for a lot of info in the past, figured it was time to make it official. Thanks for all the info!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new New England member.

Eddie

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! I’m down in MA but doing my best to do some hunting across the area. Was up XC skiing your way a few weeks ago!
I grew up in the Worcester MA area but jumped ship about 12 years ago. I still get down to MA occasionally to hunt with my dad but don't miss living there one bit.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Thanks! I’m down in MA but doing my best to do some hunting across the area. Was up XC skiing your way a few weeks ago!
Oh no!!!! Not another Masshole!? :ROFLMAO:

I left your fine state in '06 so I'm a recovering Masshole. Lived all over Greater Boston for 20 years and we last owned a home in Sudbury.

BU grad, daughter born in Cambridge and MIL still lives in Arlington and still have good friends in the area so I'm grandfathered in to give new MA members a hard time when they join. :LOL:

Eddie

OP
C
Oh no!!!! Not another Masshole!? :ROFLMAO:

I left your fine state in '06 so I'm a recovering Masshole. Lived all over Greater Boston for 20 years and we last owned a home in Sudbury.

BU grad, daughter born in Cambridge and MIL still lives in Arlington and still have good friends in the area so I'm grandfathered in to give new MA members a hard time when they join. :LOL:

Eddie
My brother- and sister-in-law are in your former neck of the woods — great spot! Were south of the pike but similar distance to Boston.

That being said, I grew up in Florida and came up for school — and haven’t figured out how to leave since!

Welcome! I currently live in WA but grew up in Coos county NH. Get yourself up to northern NH or ME and start tracking some bucks! Nothing better.