FNG NE Dallas

Bob2650

FNG
Hi, This is yet another Bob from Texas.
Old for 68, retired, worn out and used up. I still enjoy life but I am never hunting in the mountains again. Used to live in Colorado and miss the mountains. It is what it is and that is the way it goes. Used to do a lot of competition in precision shooting rifle and later on in life pistol.
Was a High Master but not steady enough anymore to compete at that level. Done a lot of hunting over the years for a regular guy but nothing like a lot of guys here that live the life. I just read the 165 page thread .223 for bear, deer, elk and moose. The TMK is a fascinating killer but I think better suited for self defense than big game hunting due to the potential for massive amounts of ruined meat. It puts the 223 on par with the big magnums for killing power under 500 yards so I will be switching over to the 77TMK for everything I kill with the AR15. As I get older the weight of my hunting rifle becomes more important so at some point I will use the 223 for all my hunting. If Tikka ever offers a ultralight left handed stainless 223 I will have to buy at least one! So many happy Tikka shooters can't be wrong. The old school in me wants a scout rifle setup instead of blocking access to the bolt with the scope. So, not quite like everyone else.
That is more than enough for now,
Glad to be here.:)

OP
B

Bob2650

FNG
Well, about 75 miles North East of Dallas. I have not figured out how to edit a post yet.
Bob