FNG... Still overseas but CO bound.

Huntin_GI

WKR
I guess its about time to introduce myself around here. Heading stateside in a couple of months but this season will not happen due to extenuating circumstances. Either way, turn of the year I should be in the Boulder CO area.

I've been hunter since I was old enough to be in the woods. Born and raised in East TN and spent 5 years in CA before spending the last 4 years overseas. Got the itch for waterfowl while living right in the middle of the pacific flyway. I've been lucky enough to successfully harvest whitetail, black tail, black bear, and turkeys but what I have always been incredibly interested in is chasing Elk and high country mule deer.

I'm excited to be getting back to the states here soon and cant wait to break the bow out of storage but I'm sure I'll find a reason to upgrade after I arrive. This is if the wife doesn't insist on an upgrade before I get a chance at a new bow. Ill also be balancing the role of dedicated Dad, dragging my 5 year old daughter and soon to be 4 year old son into the out of doors. Looking forward to learning the glassing game and trying my hand at stalking big game.

I will typically be asking gear questions and directions to the best pro-shop or archery range. I may ask for a pointer or two but I enjoy the learning process on my own. Also, directions to the best brewery will always be appreciated. If one of you old codgers want to take me under your wing, I might take you up on the offer. Oh yeah, I'm 29.

Jbehredt

WKR
Welcom home and welcome to rokslide. I’m just down the road in Westminster. We can grab a beer and shoot bows any time. Not necessarily in that order. We’ve got a couple good local shops and it’s harder to not be in sight of a brewery than it is to find one.