Food plan critique

Wrapping up my list for late September WY hunt and I’m ready to get my food in order. We’ll be camping at the truck but don’t want to mess around with cooking after dark...boiling water is all we are wanting to do. How does this list look for daily needs? Are my macros skewed one way or another?

Attachments

• DB8A79BD-CC73-402D-8A42-A11A4ECAD997.jpeg
    DB8A79BD-CC73-402D-8A42-A11A4ECAD997.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 143

amassi

WKR
Is that ratio close to what you normally eat?
Personally my ratio of p:c:f doesnt change when hunting, but total intake Increases about 10-20% depending on the situation. Also carbs tend to be higher glycemic than my day to day choices

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SBAHunts

FNG
I personally would be lowering the carb intake. Prefer to be higher in Fat & protein

muddydogs

WKR
Personally for truck camping I would say it sucks. There's so many easy to pre make meals that can be kept in a cooler and just warmed up in a pan that there is no since in eating the same carp the whole hunt. Our meals for 11 days consist of chili, stew, taco's, ect all pre made and frozen to keep in a cooler. Throw in some steaks and burgers for the first night or two and we will be eating good.

OP
G
Is that ratio close to what you normally eat?
Personally my ratio of p:c:f doesnt change when hunting, but total intake Increases about 10-20% depending on the situation. Also carbs tend to be higher glycemic than my day to day choices

Probably not as I eat way more fresh produce on a daily basis. I just don’t want to hit a wall mid hunt.

OP
G
Personally for truck camping I would say it sucks. There's so many easy to pre make meals that can be kept in a cooler and just warmed up in a pan that there is no since in eating the same carp the whole hunt. Our meals for 11 days consist of chili, stew, taco's, ect all pre made and frozen to keep in a cooler. Throw in some steaks and burgers for the first night or two and we will be eating good.

I agree it’s not ideal. We’ve decided to go a simple as possible and if need be always have an extra day of food in the pack should we decide to call it a night and sleep on the mountain.

LaHunter

WKR
Looks to be about 1,000 calories / day short, for truck camping. Muddydog gave you some good advise.

amassi

WKR
At 5’8”, 165lbs is that the case? I’m can add more to it if need be.
Only you know how much you need. But you can never have too much food, your going to burn it