Food storage

How big of a dry bag would I need for 5 days max of food? I'll be truck camping this year in WY but I will also be doing some spiking out for 2-3 nights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Squamch

WKR
Assume 3,000 calories a day

I use a 10L dry bag for a 5day trip, I eat a LOT of food, and usually bring an extra day's worth. I have lots of room left in the bag. That's 1 or 2 dehydrated or freeze dried per day, plus bars, coffee, pepperoni and cheese, 3 instant oatmeal packs and a peanut butter single serve and some protein powder to mix in, usually some dried fruit and hard candies too. I'm a skinny prick with a racing metabolism, so you may need less food than me. A drybag roll doesn't take up any room, or weigh enough to worry about. Don't buy a 30l for food, but don't stress over if you need a 5l or a 10l bag.

OP
B
I use a 10L dry bag for a 5day trip, I eat a LOT of food, and usually bring an extra day's worth. I have lots of room left in the bag. That's 1 or 2 dehydrated or freeze dried per day, plus bars, coffee, pepperoni and cheese, 3 instant oatmeal packs and a peanut butter single serve and some protein powder to mix in, usually some dried fruit and hard candies too. I'm a skinny prick with a racing metabolism, so you may need less food than me. A drybag roll doesn't take up any room, or weigh enough to worry about. Don't buy a 30l for food, but don't stress over if you need a 5l or a 10l bag.
Thanks. I just need another bag and I have some cheaper bags that I am using to simply separate gear and I don't have anything very large so I wasn't sure how much it would take.

FWIW, I eat a lot too except I'm fat. Lol. Honestly though....I pack a lot of food but end up eating less at elevation. I'd rather have a little extra and don't care about the extra weight it takes to pack just a little more food for a few days.