Foot sorness, no hot spots just sore

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
I've got some crispi boots that are insulated, but for.my every day hikes in the neighbor hood on blacktop 3 miles up and down hills.

The whole underside of my foot is sore. Heels always worse as they get pounded the most.

I wear a 5.11 atac boot everyday and the soles are very spongy. They used to be better either my.feet are getting more sensitive or quality has changed in the past 6 years.

What kind of hiker/daily wear boots can take a load, don't cost a load would you folks reccomend.

Thank you

Mike 338

WKR
Time to experiment. Pull the insoles from other footwear and try them. Try a plain cotton crew sock instead of a hiker sock. Try a high end insole like Superfeet or something like that. I've been told blue fits most people and that's what I use.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
It really sounds like the insoles like everyone said. Definitely go high end when it comes to your boots. I was a grunt for 14 years and put the carbon and green super feet insoles into every boot I wore. Turned every pair of combat boots I had into a more pleasant experience. Especially on 12-25 mile ruck marches and they go into every pair of work boot now and hunting boot that I put on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I hike in Tactical Research Kyber Mountain boots, side zip with laces. I have two pair, one without waterproof layer and one with a waterproof/blood pathogen proof layer. They are awesome, ebayed both for around $50 a pair new. Just wore them this evening hiking very muddy trails.
Socks are also very important...….ymmv.

Personally, I like a breathable boot if it is dry.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I hike in Tactical Research Kyber Mountain boots, side zip with laces. I have two pair, one without waterproof layer and one with a waterproof/blood pathogen proof layer. They are awesome, ebayed both for around $50 a pair new. Just wore them this evening hiking very muddy trails.
Socks are also very important...….ymmv.

Personally, I like a breathable boot if it is dry.
I'm the same way with my danner desert Acadias. One gore tex, one hot weather. Temperatures definitely affect what boot I wear, but socks are also a factor. Merino wool all the way. I've found lorpen to be my favorite. Thorlos are good. Etc.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I do too. Swear to God, I cant tell the difference from the thorol merino wool socks to the Costco ones. I wear my GI socks in my work boots often. Love those. I can do gore tex up to 90° pass that, hell no. My wife thinks I'm crazy buying 50-60 dollar insoles and 25 dollar socks for one pair. Well worth it.

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
I had similar experiences with my Crispi idahos, swapped out the insole for a set of blue superfeets and had no more issues.

Don't have enough miles on my crispi yet. Just got them week or so ago unfortunately they are To insulated for the weather. Ill be breaking them in when i can.

This is for my every day work/hike boot.

Far as socks go I usually have a thin crew style. Gotta watch heat with my skin. Too hot break out in rashes. Auto immune stuff. I did buy some darn tough lightweights, and some farm to feet as well. Both even light weight are to thick for my liking.

My current boots I've ran since 2011. They last a year until I wear the 1/4 inch or a tad more lugs down to slick bottom. I've Never had a issue until the past 2 pairs.

Sounds like I need to try some insoles.

Thanks fellas

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Don't have enough miles on my crispi yet. Just got them week or so ago unfortunately they are To insulated for the weather. Ill be breaking them in when i can.

This is for my every day work/hike boot.

Far as socks go I usually have a thin crew style. Gotta watch heat with my skin. Too hot break out in rashes. Auto immune stuff. I did buy some darn tough lightweights, and some farm to feet as well. Both even light weight are to thick for my liking.

My current boots I've ran since 2011. They last a year until I wear the 1/4 inch or a tad more lugs down to slick bottom. I've Never had a issue until the past 2 pairs.

Sounds like I need to try some insoles.

Thanks fellas
Insoles make a world of difference. Check out superfeet. You wont be disappointed.

Rob5589

WKR
You have to try some different insoles. They make all the difference. The other thing I do is kick my boots and socks off every chance I get and let the dogs air out. Also makes a world of difference, to me anyway.

wyosteve

WKR
I've had similar issues with my Crispis. As tacky as it sounds, I put in a set of cheap Dr. Scholl gell insoles and problem solved.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wouldn't be wearing boots for 3 mile hikes on blacktop, but that's me. I don't even like blacktop or concrete with tennis shoes. But with boots, I always wear a poly liner sock, thin merino wool boot sock, and use Superfeet Orange insoles and never have any problems.