Football fans???

Vaultman

WKR
And missed Xtra points ALWAYS come back to haunt.
Too bad a team had to lose......both playing hard as hell.

Randy
It was a great game. Amazing D for both. The 1st Q though, the way McCaffrey was going, I didn't think KC would have a chance. I'm happy they slowed him down... with a little help from the 9ers play calls.

Doghed

WKR
SF is the better team. The only reason it's still going is because of the lucky bounce off the guys ankle on the punt.
Or like when the ball bounced off the Lions helmet and ends up a SF touchdown? Without that they don't even get to the Super Bowl.
Niners have a better roster. The best team won the game.

Better coach.
Better quarterback.
Better defense.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree their defense (and KC's as well) were gassed, so might have been the right call.

TWill_61

FNG
Least favorite part of the night was McHones saying post interview “we aren’t done yet!”. Like dude, take a moment and enjoy the thing. lol. I know you got your mind on being Brady but you just won the ring. It’s like shooting a booner and saying, can’t wait to shoot one bigger next year. Savor the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ ^Agree it would be nice to know if you need a field goal or touchdown to win, but I'm sure that was weighed against his defense needing a little rest (they lost two starters too).

Had they (49ers) not screwed up the pass blocking on that third down - it was a touchdown.

Should of, could of, would of :D

jmez

WKR
Shanahan said he figured they would match scores and wanted the third possession. Bad plan when the other teams knows exactly what they need.

Several 49er players also said they didn't even know there were new rules. Chiefs players said they have talked about it since fall camp. Preparation and attention to detail

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Several 49er players also said they didn't even know there were new rules. Chiefs players said they have talked about it since fall camp. Preparation and attention to detail
Pundits keep bringing that up, and I keep wondering from a practical perspective why it matters? Coaches know the rules and call in the plays. Unless people think players were taking plays off in OT, it just seems like something irrelevant for people to Monday morning quarterback.

Heartbreaking loss for my niners. Had our chances. We need to upgrade the right side of that offensive line big time. Purdy played well, the whole team played well. Just a few missed opportunities. I hope the players that are getting older on the team will get another shot and bring home a ring.

MattB

WKR
Just read an article in which Mahomes said he had to explain to the Chiefs receiver who caught the game-winning pass that they had won the game - so he didn’t understand the new rules either.

Buzby

WKR
I like the game of football. I no longer like the NFL. Every year the NFL drifts further from the sport, and more into politics. Less about the fans of the game, and more about the money to be made off of them. It’s hard to root for a corporation, let alone one that doesn’t support my interests.
IMG_2069.jpegIMG_2070.jpeg

Beendare

WKR
49er update.

The dirt is coming out locally on the firing of their D coordinator. Many say its a miracle he wasnt fired mid season. His soft alignments played into Mahomes strength at the end.

Wilkes never did embrace Domico Ryans excellent D, and it showed all year.…49ers ended way down in the rankings.

I’ve said it before but NOBODY IN FOOTBALL is better at scheming against the other team- he is on a whole different level.