Forbidden Ground - LE Archery Elk Hunt

Would you shoot the 6pt raking the Bush or hope for better?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
This is a Limited Entry Solo Archery Elk hunt I went on this year. This is the start of the first three episodes of a multipart series. Big bulls in big country.

tmitty

FNG
I enjoyed the video, thanks! I had a LE Archery tag in the same state this year. I'm curious if we were hunting the same unit. My standards were quite a bit lower, as I was trying to put my first elk on the ground. I definitely would have made a move on that 6-point you had at 65 yards! I'm looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

OP
HondoArcher

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoyed the video, thanks! I had a LE Archery tag in the same state this year. I'm curious if we were hunting the same unit. My standards were quite a bit lower, as I was trying to put my first elk on the ground. I definitely would have made a move on that 6-point you had at 65 yards! I'm looking forward to parts 2 and 3.
It was hard to pass him up but when you see one that looks like a Mac truck you loose your mind.

OP
HondoArcher

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
The other two are up on my YouTube channel. Links in the first video.

Nice video work. Wish I'd hunted that country when I had that tag several years ago.

Your 400lbs on meat estimate is way high though.

OP
HondoArcher

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
Last chance at the Big Herd. Time is running short and the Cameron Fire is choking me out. Watch me try and get an arrow in a bull with 40 cows hunting me down.

Last video of the Cliff Hunt Series.