Guided WY Elk Hunt

OP
S

Slope77

FNG
Oh, and I will check out all of the outfitters that have been mentioned in this thread.

Another option you have if you are worried about never catching up to a good limited quota area due to point creep is sharing your points with a buddy and you both would be able to come out and hunt on a general tag. With the right outfitter, bulls over 300 inches get killed every year in Wyoming on general tags. Going this route allows you to share this experience with a friend, potentially bring home two bulls, and you can be back in the game sooner to build points for another general tag hunt...therefore hunting more often. I think your odds of killing a bull the size you are after is just as likely if you hunt a general tag three times or a limited quota tag one time. Plus, you'll put less pressure on yourself on a general tag than holding out so many years for one week hunting a LQ area. Just my two cents. We will see what happens with point creep when the general areas become regionalized.

mabrams

FNG
Bighorn Outfitters is someone you should call. Dustin and Rich are top notch guys and i have hunted deer and goats with them for years. I (Family) have 7-10 points and when i have the time it will be them that I'm booking with. I will say this about them, if you shoot a 350+ or a 280 class bull, the killing part will be the least memorable part of your hunt. The time spent back there and the fun you will have will by far outweigh the killing part. Typing this makes me want to go back and puts a smile on my face. Good luck and safe hunting.

SNS outfitters has a hunt in unit 48 in the southern Bighorns on a 100,000 acre ranch. I think they charge about $9,000 but I think you might have to get in the special license pool to get that tag. I bear hunted with them in western Wyoming and they have a top notch operation. I saw a 340 that came off if that ranch in a taxidermist shop in Alpine. The taxidermist guides for them and had done my bear for me. They also have a wilderness elk hunt in a general area. The SNS owner, Si Giliand, is president of the outfitter association and can tell you if you can draw that 48 tag in the regular pool. Good luck.