Form 1 help for silencer.

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
I’m trying to fill out the form 1 to make my own silencer. The thing is daunting. Anyone care to take the time to nutshell it for me? What do I put for caliber? Stuff like that. I really appreciate any help on this.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
What do I put for caliber?
Almost whatever you want (edit, the diameter of the bullets you plan to use), but it needs to function for that caliber so you have some leeway in one direction but not the other.
-List it as .223 but you drill the baffles at .375? It functions for .223 so it's fine. Wild coincidence that you can shoot .308 through it is no problem.
-List it as .308 but you change your mind to .223 before the stamp shows up and drill it to .275"? Not cool, it won't function with .308.

Overall length is overall length. If you change your mind before making it I think you can send them a letter, but it's easier to get it right the first time.

Model is whatever you want. You could call it the COYOTE SCORCHINATOR 3000 if you want to engrave that, I went with things like .223 Silencer and such.

Serial number is what you want, put in some effort for a unique number. 001 is probably not cool, I did things like ORJOE-2231

Things may have changed in the last 8 years about requirements for drawings, someone else can answer that. They didn’t need them back then.
If they ask if you possess any of the materials you will make the can with, the correct answer is NO, you will buy them when you get the stamp.

Your reason for making it is hearing protection.

They changed the rules a ton recently on Form 1 cans, with the intent to make people actually machine their own cans rather than buy pre-made parts and assemble them. Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Form 1 suppressor at this point, unless I had the machining expertise and access to equipment.