Found an old trap in the woods...

My only Newhouse has cast-tooth jaws. Great score, but I'm no help.....

IMG_1400_zps5447fb32.jpg

Haven't seen that type of chain before, the ones I had were all kinkless. Might be kinda old, as mine were all postwar.

I think the newhouse with cast teeth was a 4 1/2 wolf trap. I used to see a lot of them in the 60s. Most newhouse have riveted jaws and unique chains.

The oneida had jaws that fit in holes. I've never seen one with riveted teeth.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
Might try posting it on trapperman.com if you really wanna dig deep. Or reach out to your state trapping association. That’s a really cool find.

OP
MountainFeral
Might try posting it on trapperman.com if you really wanna dig deep. Or reach out to your state trapping association. That’s a really cool find.
I've applied to join their forum and waiting to hear back from their admin. Apparently he has to screen everyone to keep the anti-trappers out. I sent a pic to Colorado Trappers Association as well.

From some more searching, I'm reasonably sure that it's an S. Newman Oneida Community No. 2 1/2 trap. What was throwing me off is the teeth- from what I can tell, none of those traps came with riveted teeth. I think that the trapper added them on himself. I'm going to clean it up a little more this afternoon and see how handmade the teeth look. (trying not to do too much cleaning on it because I don't want to start removing excess metal where it's pitted).