Four season floored tent vs mid-style shelter

I know some of you guys use both pyramid-style shelters like the SO Cimarron as well as more traditional four season tents like those made by Hilleberg. For those of you who own and use both, what factors will make you choose one over the other? I think it's interesting that floorless is all the rage on this website, but when people talk about going to Kodiak Island, for example, it's usually Hilleberg type tents that get mentioned the most.

Wrench

WKR
If there's no firewood and Kodiak winds are the norm, a hilleberg makes sense. It doesn't get uber cold on Kodiak.

Change the location to say, the frank where wood is abound, rain through sub zero can happen but 40mph winds are abnormal....suddenly the tipi brings a lot to the table for it's weight.

rayporter

WKR
its just hard for one shelter to be ideal. most of us end up with several.

my light bulb moment was in a snow storm in the mountains in the 90's. water was puddling in the floored shelter from our clothing and boots and i punched a hole in the floor to let out the water.

soon after i was looking for a floorless. i have 3 now. the floored tents have been in storage since. i will admit to my bud bringing his floored tent for turkey season because of the ticks.