Free bore issue

Griffin99

FNG
Which has less room for error. Not to say they won’t get it right, it’s successfully done all the time.
Agreed, it is a very common job for when people want to shoot longer and heavier bullets then the saami throat will allow. Should not be a problem for them at all

So here is my question. What is your plan if we tell you CA plan is total junk? Are you going to pay to have the rifle custom rebarrelled?

Ca gonna do whatever they want to do if you send the rifle back.
If you call them and say hey a bunch of people on a forum told me your idea sucks, what kind of response do you think you will get?
So getting yourself frothed up for nothing.

Let them try and fix it. If it doesn't work ask them to buy it back.

OP
D

Dschwan

WKR
So here is my question. What is your plan if we tell you CA plan is total junk? Are you going to pay to have the rifle custom rebarrelled?

Ca gonna do whatever they want to do if you send the rifle back.
If you call them and say hey a bunch of people on a forum told me your idea sucks, what kind of response do you think you will get?
So getting yourself frothed up for nothing.

Let them try and fix it. If it doesn't work ask them to buy it back.
I wasn’t asking for someone on the forum to tell me it’s junk so that I could call CA to say that. I was looking for possible fixes to the problem from someone who may have run into this situation and had a fix for it. Thanks to forum members I have a path forward with some options. I would say that there are forum members with much better experience than a customer service rep that goes down a list of answers to customer questions. For me it’s like sending food back to the kitchen at a restaurant. If the attention to detail isn’t there on the first go round I would imagine that it’s even less the second go round. I haven’t decided to cut the throat myself or send it back yet. I ordered a borescope to take a look at it before any decision is made on my part.

I wasn’t asking for someone on the forum to tell me it’s junk so that I could call CA to say that. I was looking for possible fixes to the problem from someone who may have run into this situation and had a fix for it. Thanks to forum members I have a path forward with some options. I would say that there are forum members with much better experience than a customer service rep that goes down a list of answers to customer questions. For me it’s like sending food back to the kitchen at a restaurant. If the attention to detail isn’t there on the first go round I would imagine that it’s even less the second go round. I haven’t decided to cut the throat myself or send it back yet. I ordered a borescope to take a look at it before any decision is made on my part.

I would just send it back to CA and give them there chance to fix it.
Its gonna cost you little to nothing.

If they make it worse they will most likely make it rite or cut your losses and have it rebarreled.

OP
D

Dschwan

WKR
Got notification that the repairs are done on the rifle is on its way back. Here is the notification from CA:

I'm excited to inform you that your firearm is ready to be returned to you! Your RMA service has been completed and your firearm is being processed for return.

Our top gunsmiths have performed a full detailed inspection, and carefully completed the following services on your firearm:
Adjusted Headspace, Bedded Rifle, Bore Scoped Chamber and Throat, Polished Bolt Face, Polished Chamber, Recut chamber/throat, Test Fired for Function, -

We’ve cleaned and performed a final inspection and your firearm is on its way to shipping.

Please note that in accordance with US BATF & Shipping Carrier guidelines, we are only authorized to return the firearm to the FFL used in the initial RMA request.

Enjoy your newly serviced Christensen Arms firearm!

Thanks,

The Repair Team