Freeze Dryed Meal Ideas

I have a harvest right freeze dryer and make my own back country meals. Chili, spaghetti, stroganoff, fettuccine, and chili Mac. Oh and B&G. Looking for other options as well as snack options made in the freeze dryer.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Buffalo chicken mac & cheese, yakisoba or stir fry, cajun chicken parmesan alfredo, broccoli chicken parm alfredo.

bard

Lil-Rokslider
I would be making some bbq ribs, steaks and bbq chicken. sweet and sour meatballs. Loaded mashed potatoes. Full turkey dinner with stuffing. mmmm the possibilities are endless. I need to get one of these things.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
on a week long back country hunt what are you craving when you get out the woods? I’d start there! I want to do legit burger patties. Tacos have been a staple for us. I freeze dry home made salsa , guacamole, beans, then steak or ground beef. Also cheese, sour cream every that sounds good wrapped in a shell!

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I would be making some bbq ribs, steaks and bbq chicken. sweet and sour meatballs. Loaded mashed potatoes. Full turkey dinner with stuffing. mmmm the possibilities are endless. I need to get one of these things.
Possibilities are vast but not endless. Freeze drying removes all the moisture from the food but not any oil or fat. Any food with decent amounts of fat will spoil quickly after freeze drying. So unfortunately items like ribs and meatballs are not easy. Also sugar is very hard to control in the freeze drying process. BBQ sauces are not impossible but they are tough with the large amounts of sugar.

Jambalaya and Calabacitas are great on a cool night in the back country.

Hands down best is making yogurt parfaits. Freeze dry your favorite greek yogurt and fruits. Add them to the package with store bought granola. Come up with your own ratio. You can eat them cold or hot for any meal.

Another great meal is freeze dried banana (powdered), PBFit peanut butter powder, chocolate protein powder, powdered milk. Package these dry and mix in Nalgene with water. This will fill you up all day!