Freezer Monitor Systems?

taskswap

WKR
We installed an "RVWhisper" monitoring system in our fifth wheel, at first mostly think about our dogs' safety - temperature and voltage monitors inside to watch for power loss/tripped breaker/other reasons the AC might fail during the summer months. They have kits that come with battery-operated (lasts about the season) temperature monitors you can install anywhere. I liked it so much I got one for my house.

The base package is a little $$ but the customer support is great and there's no monthly monitoring fee like some other systems. The dashboard is a little crude but you can set up alerts when certain sensors go out of the ranges you expect them to be in.

If it was me in this situation I'd get two temp sensors and a voltage monitor. I'd put one temp sensor outside the freezer, one inside it, and the voltage monitor on its supply.

Those using the systems with wired sensors. Are you having any problems with frost build-up where the wire passes the seal?

rclouse79

WKR
My buddies freezer went out, so I bought this one. It was less than 100 bucks. It will email you and notify you on your phone if the temperature gets above the level you set. I had an old one that would beep if it got too warm. I like the option of getting notified wherever you are.
6879840D-4FF6-46BC-9D7D-8C6DA371FAD9.jpeg7396834F-9ED3-4418-9888-608B25B1A9CF.png6965F717-863D-458D-B10A-760EA7227974.pngCB7D8486-9C9E-4CA6-AC8A-13671D092DB2.jpeg

We use Mocreo (from Amazon) and they work great. Have one in each of our 4 freezers and it's saved our ass a few times.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I just set up the Mocreo today. Super easy.

Our fridge died while we were out of town for Thanksgiving. Thank goodness it wasn't the garage freezer. Made me realize it happens and time to get a monitor.

lintond

WKR
I bought an upright freezer last fall after finally killing my first elk. The door got left cracked open for a weekend and all my long awaited elk meat was ruined.

Added a cheap $10 child safety latch to it since I have a history of not closing thing all the way (cabinets, car doors, etc.) The audible click remind me it’s closed.

I also got a WiFi TempStick that notifies me when it’s too warm or it loses signal. In theory the signal can correspond to list power. It works pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
1. Set the freezer on the coldest setting.
2. Check it daily.
3. Install a cheap toddler cabinet lock on it so you know it’s strapped closed.

My advice for peace of mind.

Yolink remote monitors have replaced our old Accuraite monitors in our freezers and frig. Stronger signal that transmits thru concrete, steel, etc much better than the Accurite ever did.. There is a speaker (in our case in the kitchen) that speaks to "alarm" conditions, and the alarms also report out on the phone. Very easy to program and not expensive either. We really like them.

We also have Yolink water alarms that send an alarm signal if they get wet due to a plumbing leak, tied into an auto shut-off valve that shuts off water flow to the house.