Freezer Monitor Systems?

dlee56

WKR
My freezer died out last week and so far I’ve lost 60lbs of elk burger and some misc other meat and bones. I keep my kitchen freezer stocked so I didn’t see that the freezer was dead before it was too late.

Has anyone seen or heard of some reputable freezer monitoring systems that can alert you when they die out or get above a certain temp?

Also open for some replacement recommendations if you have any. Thanks!

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
I bought this to keep in my archery case. It’s cheap and works well. I keep track of temp fluctuations to make sure the bow is not getting too hot in my truck toolbox. It would work well in a freezer too and you can set up notifications using the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
I bought this to keep in my archery case. It’s cheap and works well. I keep track of temp fluctuations to make sure the bow is not getting too hot in my truck toolbox. It would work well in a freezer too and you can set up notifications using the app.

Govee Hygrometer Thermometer, Wireless Thermometer, Mini Bluetooth Humidity Sensor with Notification Alert, Data Storage and Export, 262 Feet Connecting Range https://a.co/d/6hOrfMi

Sorry forgot link

OP
dlee56

dlee56

WKR
Govee Hygrometer Thermometer, Wireless Thermometer, Mini Bluetooth Humidity Sensor with Notification Alert, Data Storage and Export, 262 Feet Connecting Range https://a.co/d/6hOrfMi

Sorry forgot link

That’s perfect! Do you have to reconnect it to your phone every time you leave the Bluetooth range?

slatty

WKR
I saw someone once have a red (or any color) light plugged into the same outlet. You can generally see the light under the crack of the door as you walk by every day.
That will help for power outage / breaker failure, but not if the freezer itself goes.

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about it again since it is not wifi it would be dependent on your phone connecting. It works for me because I do not need that functionality but maybe not for your case.

They make a wifi model which would serve your purpose better but is a bit more. Only 40 bucks though with is still a good deal.

Govee WiFi Thermometer Hygrometer H5179, Smart Humidity Temperature Sensor with App Notification Alert, 2 Years Free Data Storage Export, Remote Monitor for Room Greenhouse Incubator Wine Cellar https://a.co/d/9jTl1vv

Dejhavu

FNG
The Zooz ZEN15 is a good alternative. We monitor the temperature of our refrigerator, freezer and two chest freezers. We also monitor the energy consumption. Once I figured out the values and cycle frequencies of the compressors, I get a warning if it appears the units are not running and can determine when the refrigerator is in a defrost cycle so I don’t get false warnings when the freezer temperature rises. The chest freezers will alarm at 10 degrees, as will the freezer compartment of our refrigerator, unless it is in a defrost cycle. We also get a warning when the refrigerator is above 40 or below 32. We had a thermistor fail a few years ago and our refrigerator turned into a freezer, ruining a lot of fruit and vegetables.

The gold standard for consumers is the TempStick. I have 3 chest freezers with them on one app. Work fabulously. Lithium battery lasts a year. Has settable alerts.
I have been able to find them on ebay for around $80. This is a buy once-cry once deal for sure. I have never regretted it.

def90

WKR
Just search google for freezer alarms, there’s tons of products out there that do this.

Here is the first result that comes up..

The gold standard for consumers is the TempStick. I have 3 chest freezers with them on one app. Work fabulously. Lithium battery lasts a year. Has settable alerts.
I have been able to find them on ebay for around $80. This is a buy once-cry once deal for sure. I have never regretted it.
100% TempStick. They are WiFi compatible. I connected it to my home router and use the app on my iPhone to control/monitor. I have setup notifications that are sent to me via email and text when the temps are outside the customized ranges I set up. I have been down this road once before where I lost an elk and a couple of wt due to no alarm system. Never again.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Amazon has several that are wifi and pair with an app on your phone. Get one that’s quality, the first freezer alarm I got wasn’t strong enough to reach the wifi signal from inside my freezer in the garage.

Scotto

WKR
I purchased the Acurite from Amazon. Have one sensor in each of two freezers to easily see temps when you walk by the freezers. They are next to each other.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
We use Mocreo (from Amazon) and they work great. Have one in each of our 4 freezers and it's saved our ass a few times.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

madgrad02

WKR
I saw someone once have a red (or any color) light plugged into the same outlet. You can generally see the light under the crack of the door as you walk by every day.
That will help for power outage / breaker failure, but not if the freezer itself goes.
Did this as well... we had a standup freezer in one room, and when we went to remodel that room, we moved it to another location and for some reason, kept tripping the GFI outlet... ultimately moved that freezer to another circuit and no issues since (knocking on wood), but we just put a small LED light on top of the freezer so we could tell if/when that GFI popped before we moved its location (again).
Maybe didn't always get to it immediately, but since we were each passing it a few times a day, was easy enough to notice in relatively short order as to not lose anything in the process.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
My freezer died out last week and so far I’ve lost 60lbs of elk burger and some misc other meat and bones. I keep my kitchen freezer stocked so I didn’t see that the freezer was dead before it was too late.

Has anyone seen or heard of some reputable freezer monitoring systems that can alert you when they die out or get above a certain temp?

Also open for some replacement recommendations if you have any. Thanks!
I’ve got an accu-rite on mine audio and visual alarms plus temperature display audio alarm is not continuous though but it seems to work reasonably priced on Amazon