From the stand Pics

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_9749.jpeg

Pa Big Woods from back in November. Good sign in the area, but impossible to slip into this area without blowing everything out. Sat once for an evening with nothing moving.

danwolf

FNG
Texas public

blind.jpg
My run and gun mirror setup. Will animals spook seeing the mirror? No. Will it reflect sunlight? Yes.

What you don't see infront of the blind where I'm setup is brush leaning against it. That keeps the blind from moving and adds depth to what its next to. Its leaning forward in such a way it reflects maybe 3 yards away, and often I've had deer under 10 yards and they dont care. Sit the shade, keep sun behind your back. Where I hunt there's lots of hunting pressure and this setup is easy to conceal vs a pop up blind and tripod stands can be a pain as the trees are maybe 12-14' tall max.

I use a small backpacking helinox swivel chair, blind height is around 35". Sometimes the damn feet of the chair sink down and that's caused a miss last year...the chair sank and I didn't notice how bad and had high ground and shot below me a bit and nicked the top edge of the blind with a vane. I've corrected that issue using old people cane covers (tennis balls).

setup.jpg

Finally figured them out after more than a few evenings. Set up on the ridge behind this cedar above and downwind of several well-used trails. This mature eater came down the trail below me at 44 yards. He jumped my string and the 547 grain bolt/broadhead hit high and broke his spine. A second bolt sealed the deal.

Attachments

• IMG_5440.jpeg
    IMG_5440.jpeg
    705.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    623.5 KB · Views: 51

mi650

WKR
From a few weeks ago during regular firearms season. Summit Shadow Hunter blind I bought a few years ago, Henry X-Model .30-30.

ks7caCX.jpg

This is from a couple weeks ago archery hunting, walking distance from my house. Shot a little buck about 15 minutes after the picture was taken. Wife was hunting on the knoll just behind the barn in the background and missed a deer almost at the same time. She shot her first deer ever tonight from the same stand.
View attachment 622561
I like the look of that farm