Fudd?

Randle

WKR
I see a fair amount of the term Fudd being used around here.
What comes to mind when you see it used?

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
No just a question so I am clear which I guess I m not.
Truly not stirring any thing up.
I see it used in more ways that dont really make sense.

Last edited:
If you are 65 years old and shoot a 30-06, … you might be a Fudd
You still think Mountain House is the s**t... you might be a Fudd

Actually… quick… change the name of the thread to “You might be a Fudd if ….”

edit: full disclosure, all three things are true about me. However, I am trying to unfudd myself. Last summer I bought a 7mm-08 and I’m feeding it 150 ELDX. Traded in my 1980s Kelty Tioga for a mystery ranch Metcalf. I will use the new technology, however, I staunchly refuse to “run“ anything except the lawnmower.

Last edited:

WKR
I always confuse fudds and bubbas.

Fudd [\’f∂d\] (noun): A term that was originally a derogatory word for gun owners who hunted but were dismissive of modern semi-auto “tactical” type firearms. It has evolved to refer to a shooter who is mired in the past and scornful of any technological innovation that occurred much after they learned how to shoot.

Last edited:

Yoder

WKR
In PA it's anyone over 60 who hates semi auto rifles, hunting on Sundays and thinks we shouldn't shoot does but should have two buck tags with no antler restrictions. Then it would be even better than the "good old days". I started hunting right around the end of the "good old days". It was awesome. You would see 10-20 does a day and if you were lucky, you might kill a 1 1/2 yr old 8 pt with a 10 in spread every couple years. Otherwise it was spike bucks. Now, according to them, there's no deer. In reality, now is the good old days. We're killing bigger bucks than ever.

Rich M

WKR
I always confuse fudds and bubbas.

Fudd [\’f∂d\] (noun): A term that was originally a derogatory word for gun owners who hunted but were dismissive of modern semi-auto “tactical” type firearms. It has evolved to refer to a shooter who is mired in the past and scornful of any technological innovation that occurred much after they learned how to shoot.

This is a decent definition.

Much of my equipment is dated before many of the non-fudds/boomers in here were born and dont really feel like buying newer stuff cause my old stuff works fine.

I dont care what you do, just dont make me shoot a 243.

To me it means someone who believes firearms knowledge/technology peaked in the 1970s and anything that was invented/discovered since then that improves quality of life will make you "soft". Also heavy/complete overlap with the group of people who think their exact choices in gear/firearms etc make them the last of a dying breed of REAL men.