fuel shortage and bush flights

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hearing that bush pilots are having a very hard time getting fuel to fly and even commercial flights are getting cancelled due to the shortage. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Grumman

WKR
I haven’t experienced any fuel shortages in the Kentucky area but would not be surprised if it is hard to get in remote areas just due to worker shortages if nothing else. Bush planes burn 100 low lead fuel and it has been threatened to be regulated away for years. With the new admin and their clean energy push I hope it survives and stays at a somewhat affordable price. Talkeetna is currently showing $6.50/gal for 100LL, ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not aware of any issues, but in our current messed-up economy I would not be surprised to hear of a fuel issue.

Not to hijack this thread: None of us should be too shocked if/when anything goes awry. The ripple effect from the pandemic has affected many boats if you will....and we're going to be seeing the after-effects for years.

It's currently very difficult to get parts for vehicles and machinery. What about for aircraft including bush planes?

Grumman

WKR
One bush plane kit manufacturer I spoke too recently said they are +18 months out on orders. A reputable engine rebuilder said they could not get factory Lycoming cylinders at all and would have to use aftermarket.

You’re right Kevin this will eventually impact everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Economy + Global Pandemic = Global Problems

This is our current reality....and potentially the future too.

AKDoc

WKR
Global Economy + Global Pandemic = Global Problems

This is our current reality....and potentially the future too.
Agreed on that perspective KD...and I've not heard of a bush fuel shortage right now either.

That said, I'll continue the thread departure, and share one philosophical post...

As I think of the current reality, I am continually reminding myself of a quote I first heard years ago that I think is pretty accurate (especially now), "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." (Charles Swindoll) In other words, it's all about striving towards a healthy attitude as we deal with what life throws at us sometimes.

As I think of the future I remind myself what Winston Churchill said to a London Times reporter in an interview after the war, speculating that he must have experienced a lot of hardships in life that helped prepare him for his effective leadership throughout it all, "I have experienced many awful and horrible things in life, and some of them actually happened." In other words, we emotionally experience disturbing possibilities of the future as we worry about them today.

...my apologies to the OP for the thread drift.

OP
C

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed on that perspective KD...and I've not heard of a bush fuel shortage right now either.

That said, I'll continue the thread departure, and share one philosophical post...

As I think of the current reality, I am continually reminding myself of a quote I first heard years ago that I think is pretty accurate (especially now), "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." (Charles Swindoll) In other words, it's all about striving towards a healthy attitude as we deal with what life throws at us sometimes.

As I think of the future I remind myself what Winston Churchill said to a London Times reporter in an interview after the war, speculating that he must have experienced a lot of hardships in life that helped prepare him for his effective leadership throughout it all, "I have experienced many awful and horrible things in life, and some of them actually happened." In other words, we emotionally experience disturbing possibilities of the future as we worry about them today.

...my apologies to the OP for the thread drift.
No apologies needed! I love the words of wisdom and couldn't agree more!

My pilot via InReach: "Well, I have just enough fuel to fly either you or your moose meat out, but not both. It's up to you".

Me via InReach: "In that case, fly me in a charcoal grill, 2 pounds of rub, and a case of dry red. Take most of the meat out, and then pick me up in a couple weeks".

"oh...can I also get some shallots and blue cheese crumbles"?

:ROFLMAO:

SaltyBowman

Lil-Rokslider
stations across nc are running out every week. It has nothing to do with supply… it’s that they can’t find drivers to haul the fuel. I own a trucking company and normally when i post an ad for a driver I’ll get 50+ responses. I posted one last month and I got 1 email. Its becoming a real issue.

gbflyer

WKR
stations across nc are running out every week. It has nothing to do with supply… it’s that they can’t find drivers to haul the fuel. I own a trucking company and normally when i post an ad for a driver I’ll get 50+ responses. I posted one last month and I got 1 email. Its becoming a real issue.

This is exactly right. When I think of the current administration in DC’s stance on pipelines especially. The oil is gonna get moved, it’s just gonna happen on a tanker truck (driver shortage) or rail car, both burning fuel to do it. Idiots.

ELKMO

FNG
So why is a fourth stimulus check coming for some states?? Help wanted signs are everywhere!! We’re gonna pay for this in a bad way not too far down the road.