Full-on FNG from NorCal

turnerjwr

FNG
Wanted to say hi to everyone, long-time waterfowler, more recently getting into big game hunting. Always killed bucks on my property on Table Mtn, but just now trying to acquire the gear and knowledge needed to get out in the woods. Advice and lessons are always welcome and readily accepted! Thanks for reading.

Welcome brother. Folks are friendly here for sure. I am familiar with a stretch of country called table mountain up Sonora way in D6. I had a friend with the last name of Niles who had some property in that neighborhood, but he has passed on sometime back.

OP
T

turnerjwr

FNG
Welcome to the site! Where in northern california are you?

South East of Chico about 35 miles, on North Table Mountain. On the ridge between Paradise and Oroville. If you're in Redding and into archery as your handle suggests, you may know my Step Brother, Rob Bass. He used to shoot outdoor tourneys competitively, and he's been big in the Redding hunting/fishing circles for a while now. Just a shot in the dark...

OP
T

turnerjwr

FNG
Welcome brother. Folks are friendly here for sure. I am familiar with a stretch of country called table mountain up Sonora way in D6. I had a friend with the last name of Niles who had some property in that neighborhood, but he has passed on sometime back.

In my research, I've found three separate areas in Cali all describing themselves as Table Mountain. The one I live on is associated with a large wildlife/wildflower preserve, just east of Hwy 70 in D3 zone.

North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve

boom

WKR
wow. NorCal has been representing lately!!

welcome newb..i'm in Sonoma Co.

boom

WKR
Thanks, I've been wanting to get down there and hike around Lake Sonoma for a while now. Do you pretty much hunt in Sonoma or do you travel?

i travel. Lake Sonoma hog is on my list. so difficult. archery only. but i did move closer :)

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome aboard, a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site, as well as some of the most helpful guys around. I helped a older friend run a trap line out toward spring valley cove by you, about 34 yrs. back.
Mike