G20 Chest Holster

I've searched quite a bit and didn't come up with a whole lot. Looking at the gunfighters Kenai vs the razco. I like the idea of the razco but it worries me that it will sit too low and interfere with backpack belt. I've seen guys run a Kenai under a bino harness but I would think it sticks out a lot.
Anyone have pics or experience with these two?

ldrathman

WKR
My 2 cents. I had the Razco hung under my Marsupial harness. Never had an issue with interference with the backpack belt, granted I have a longer torso (6'3"). I thought it did a great job of keeping my pistol out of the way in general. With that said, I just sold mine and will be trying out the Kenai. My only issue with the Razco was the intense shoulder/trap pain I would get after prolonged periods of wearing it. The weight of my binos + harness + Glock 20 w/ a full mag adds up to quite a bit and since the Razco pulls directly down on your bino harness all that weight is distributed to its thin shoulder straps (in comparison to full size backpack straps) that don't do a great job of disbursing the pressure across the shoulders...it becomes focused in 2 sort of 'hot spots'. In addition because the gun is horizontal, you get a lot more 'pull' on the side with the magazine since that's where the weight is concentrated. This issue really only arose later in the day after hours of wearing it and hiking lots, but the pain was enough of an annoyance to drive me toward a different option. We shall see if the Kenai does better.

No experience with the Razco but I always use my Kenai with either the G21 or G30 (.45acp) on my chest under my Alaska Guide Creations cub max bins harness and have zero complaints. The Razco always looked like it would hang too low and be bothersome to me.

Used Razcos under AGC bino harnesses last fall on pack in hunt. When riding horses, the stock of my rifle would jab the harness and pistol rig at times and be uncomfortable. A guy can mount the AGC holster on the side of the bino harness and run it straight or cross draw. However, with medium/large frame revolvers its not very stable and the butt is tippy when you lean forward.

If a guy is hiking or trekking, I would recommend the Razco under AGC. It worked good and was comfortable when not riding.

OP
lyle_destroys
No experience with the Razco but I always use my Kenai with either the G21 or G30 (.45acp) on my chest under my Alaska Guide Creations cub max bins harness and have zero complaints. The Razco always looked like it would hang too low and be bothersome to me.
Do you have any pics of it set up like this? Just curious to see how difficult it is to draw from.

lintond

WKR
I have gone back and forth between the two. Here is a photo I took as I was trying to test the kenai. The rangefinder makes it a little more intricate to draw. One thing about the razco I didn’t have great luck with is it took a lot of movement to get the gun out of the holster because of slop in the attachment compared to the stiffness of the Kydex retention. Probably ways to tighten that up but something I noticed.

a a
38e3ce8b23f1dc71e4adb8cb5d1ccced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LitenFast

WKR
b940ce7d-17fe-424c-8aae-bf1b2d189a7c.jpg

I like the kenai a lot and have used it for last 3 seasons. There’s definitely a lot of straps but never found it uncomfortable. I like being able to only be wearing Kenai alone at times like when breaking down an animal, taking a dump in the morning, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I run a razco under my bino harness and love it. Never had an issue with it getting in the way though I am tall and have a longer torso.

Attachments

• Unknown-2.png
    Unknown-2.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 101
Kenai under my Marsupial Bino Harness all day. Best option in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Datchew

FNG
Kenai. Put binos on a belt pouch. Clip range finder to your shoulder strap of the pack on a lanyard.

CAH

FNG
Can you guys still shoot your bow with a kenai under your binos? Seems like it would stick out quite a ways and hinder the string.

OP
lyle_destroys
So I got my kenai a few days ago, will post pics when I get more time to mess with it. Fits great but it's going to take a little adjustment to run it with the agc harness over the top. I choose to keep the bino harness because I like to be able to drop my pack and creep around while still having everything I need on my chest (tags, binos, rangefinder, ammo, knife, lighter, ect).

Voyageur

WKR
So I got my kenai a few days ago, will post pics when I get more time to mess with it. Fits great but it's going to take a little adjustment to run it with the agc harness over the top. I choose to keep the bino harness because I like to be able to drop my pack and creep around while still having everything I need on my chest (tags, binos, rangefinder, ammo, knife, lighter, ect).
I ran across a video on YouTube (posted by Black Ovis) where a guy showed how he adjusted his for wearing underneath his binocular harness. His method basically amounted to moving the harness strap that runs across the top of your shoulder. By moving that strap to the opposite shoulder it changed the angle at which his hand gun sat and made it much more convenient when carrying underneath the Bino harness. Hope this helps.
Edit to add:

Last edited:
I ran across a video on YouTube (posted by Black Ovis) where a guy showed how he adjusted his for wearing underneath his binocular harness. His method basically amounted to moving the harness strap that runs across the top of your shoulder. By moving that strap to the opposite shoulder it changed the angle at which his hand gun sat and made it much more convenient when carrying underneath the Bino harness. Hope this helps.
Edit to add:
I carry a G20 in a Kenai and am still back-and-forth between 'sandwiched between my bino harness and chest' and 'slung low beneath my bino harness at gut level'. It kind of depends on the hunt.

This is a little hard to describe but the thing that I have seen in alternative setups that DOES NOT WORK for me is when the shoulder strap is on my draw side. Anything that I tried with the shoulder strap on the same side as my draw results in the harness twisting instead of a clean draw.

I'm not yucking anyone else's yum, but those setups don't work for me.

Datchew

FNG
Edit to add:
Hey voyageur thx for posting that.
I wouldn't have thought to toss the shoulder strap to the other shoulder. That's a potential game changer to the puzzle that it sounds like we're all playing at.

Good stuff.