GA Precision

What's the best way to buy a ga precision gun? They never email back or they'll email back once and then you never hear from them again. Seems like they make it hard for you to give them 10k

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
Have you called them? I have had email issues with lots of builders and some simply are better than others answering emails but I had a very good experience with GAP. Email was not my preferred communication but between calls and a few emails confirming my build, they built me a great rifle. I remember having to leave a few VMs but I would ask them to call me on certain days and times and it was fine. They build accurate rifles and I will get more from them. I have builds from multiple “known” shops and my GAP ranks near the top for consistent accuracy out of my setups. Some builders like to text (TS Customs and McWhorter), others take calls at certain times (GAP, RBros, Kampfeld, and WTO) some email well (HCR and Gunwerks) while some don’t communicate as much as I would like dropping that amount of money but build great rifles, but ask them what their preferred communication method is.

Go somewhere else if you can’t get a response. FWIW I’ve received a couple GAP rifles over the years that weren’t perfect. A Rock that had a rear action screw that was too long and the firing pin was bumping it as the bolt was cycled and had a really bad finish that appeared fuzzy (looked like dust and fibers under the cerakote), and then another with the same finish appearance.

Expensive custom rifles shouldn’t come like that. Details are what you’re paying for.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I will be picking my rifle built by Short Action Customs Monday afternoon. Great communication. They reply promptly and price competitively.

I would move on as well.

Gunwerks, Altus Shooting Solutions, or Barbour Creek would be where I would be shopping if I had 10K to drop on a rifle.

Sevens

WKR
Gunwerks makes some extremely nice shooting systems.

If you want something more “tactical” styled, the guys at Altus are really great.

Just seems like if you’re going to plop down $10k, responsiveness would be good.

Determine what features you’re after, find who makes that style rifle and make some calls.

PaulIV

FNG
I have always had great communication with them by phone for initial contact and then follow up emails. I have several of their rifles and they are very well built. I have both light weight hunting rifles and heavier prs style and they shoot equally well.

I have bought from the ready to ship and built to order with great service. What are you looking to have built ?

OP
B
Maybe I'll have to call. I was looking at the Sikes edition hunter with a couple upgrades.

TaperPin

WKR
I will be picking my rifle built by Short Action Customs Monday afternoon. Great communication. They reply promptly and price competitively.
I was impressed with an interview he gave on Cortina’s podcast - he seems straightforward and professional. We’ll be curious how your new gun shoots!

TaperPin

WKR
What's the best way to buy a ga precision gun? They never email back or they'll email back once and then you never hear from them again. Seems like they make it hard for you to give them 10k
Dang it! I saw the GA Precision title and hoped this was going to be like an Oprah show and we all get a new rifle!

I hope you get a hold of him ok, seems like they make one heck of a good rifle.

Don’t waste your time on someone who doesn’t respond. There are too many good builders out there.

Ryan Pierce at Piercision Rifles
Dallas Lane at Lane Precision Rifles
Alex Wheeler at Wheeler Accuracy
Mike Johnson at Hells Canyon Armory

If you are wanting a turn key shooting system then look at Gunwerks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tdhanses

WKR
I bet GA has a big backlog, I called my smith who worked there for 10 or so years and he has stopped taking new business for the next month to get caught up.

If your local to GA I’d have Jeff at River Bend Gun company in Weston MO build you one, his rifles are just as good and he does amazing work.

GA usually sends people to Jeff if they are not getting a full build, so they definitely respect his work.

JakeM51

FNG
Call Mike at Tac Ops.
If he doesn’t answer leave a message and he will call you back. He hates doing things over text/email and loves calling people up to get all the information the best way.

Iff'n I wanted to pony up for attention to detail I'd give Taylor Stratton or Piercision rifles a call. I've not used either but they seem very particular.