Garmont Dakota Lite GTX

Bwn94

FNG
Does anyone have any feedback or opinions on these boots? Looking online there’s very few reviews and I’m wondering if there’s a reason for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the Dakota lites were previously called the "civetta" but they added the toe rand and rebranded them. I'm on my second pair in 4-5 years. I wear them for everything. Everyday at work, hiking, hunting, whatever. My current pair is getting a little light on tread and I just ordered a replacement pair.

I have zero complaints about them. They are simple, rugged boots that last.

I believe the Dakota lites were previously called the "civetta" but they added the toe rand and rebranded them. I'm on my second pair in 4-5 years. I wear them for everything. Everyday at work, hiking, hunting, whatever. My current pair is getting a little light on tread and I just ordered a replacement pair.

I have zero complaints about them. They are simple, rugged boots that last.

Thanks for the reply. How’s the sizing of them? How do they compare size wise to other boots or shoes you wear?

I buy a 10.5 and it fits as expected. My feet measure on the board to be about a 10 or a shade under but most of my shoes are 10.5 due to width. I typically run into mountain boots fitting too narrow. My experience is that these fit similarly to a Lowa, but with a better heel cup. The arch support is fairly low which works well with my flat feet.

The pair I just ordered was actually the pinnacle because I found them on sale which made them cheaper than the Dakota's. I'm hoping for a similar fit...

I had the original Dakota (not Lite) in my hiking boot rotation delaminate but they were probably pushing 5-6 years and often stored at high temp in my truck so that didn't keep me from picking up a pair of Dakota Lites at a big discount which I am still using and have had no issues with. I've had Lowa's and Meindl's fail under the same conditions so no reason to be alarmed. They remind me a lot of some Scarpa's I have but I forget the model. The insoles are junk as are with most boots. I wear a 1/2 size larger than I do in German boots (Meindl, Hanwag & Lowa) with a Superfeet Green insole. They are comfortable and supportive boots with good traction but I think there are much better options at full retail ($350) price range. I'd get another pair down the road at a substantial price break.

I understand they’re two different types of shoes but just for reference does anyone have a pair or Keens or similar light hiking boot for size reference?

Just in case anyone is wondering about these boots in the future, I ended up buying them. After reading and hearing from people I went one full size larger and am glad I did, they fit well but wouldn’t want them any smaller with heavy socks on. Finish and quality of them looks great also, but time will tell.

Back