Gas cans suck

Alchemy

WKR

Only can I buy for personal use or my construction company. Much better than the VP cans, and OSHA approved

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I use a race can with the dual handle and vent, it works great. The opening is large enough that I can dump an emission compliant can into it with spilling a drop or when hunting I use 15gal car wash soap containers. Shake siphon fuel into race can and then into my machine.

Original GI cans work great. The 2nd gen version sucks. You have to look, but you can find the original GI version.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
Lawyers. Every design generates a lawsuit so we keep getting new designs and new companies that manufacture them and hire more attorneys to cover their butts.

Bluefish

WKR
Actually changed a long time ago. Solution is buy colored cans for grain that they sell at local farm and fleet or Menards. Look a lot like vp cans.
other option is to buy replacement spouts that work like they should.

Rich M

WKR
You are 100% correct. Shows what happens when the govt gets involved in stuff.

Amaxon sells spouts, caps, vent kits. Buy a couple. Put the vents in and gas wont spill as much cause it will pour.

manitou1

WKR
Lawyers. Every design generates a lawsuit so we keep getting new designs and new companies that manufacture them and hire more attorneys to cover their butts.
And EVERY SINGLE NEW DESIGN IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS!!! Causes leaks, spills, and over fills. Every one of them.

Actually changed a long time ago. Solution is buy colored cans for grain that they sell at local farm and fleet or Menards. Look a lot like vp cans.

I bought a couple of those and don't like them much. The lack of the second handle on the bottom makes them more difficult to use than I was hoping.

I had a can or two like @Steve300xcw posted above when I was a kid and those worked real well.

49ereric

WKR
I went to using a 3/8 ID fuel line and siphon gas into my vehicles.
I live in the country and only stations around are cenex and their gas is horrible so I fill cans.