Gas Cans/ Storage

So I’m going to a fairly remote area hunting this year and was planning on taking 10 gallons of extra gas. My fear is with these new sealed cans they will pressurize in the heat while we are in the back country for multiple days and potentially explode. Any advice on cans or where to store them safely? My truck has a topper on it which kind of adds to the dilemma.

rayporter

WKR
i dont think it will be a problem but these cans will vent if you think it is necessary.

R.936ad7b05f917463d1791eb377c0b422

I bought some cheap plastic vents off Amazon. Drilled a hole in the can, pushed them in with a little super glue and project done! Took about 10 minutes of my time and $5. I now vent the cans, and the flow out of them is so much better. Did it to 5 cans and none have failed

OP
Vansomerenc
Or do I just crack the cap slightly loose and set them beside the truck and python cable the handle to the truck?

gb7

FNG
Wavian NATO spec Jerry cans, you can find them on Amazon. Leak proof and easy to carry.

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I gave up on cheap gas cans a long time ago. They are fine for in the shed for lawnmower gas or whatever, but I don't like driving around long distance with them. That pictured Justrite can should be decent, and you can get them in a lot of stores. My own preference is for jerry cans. There's a lot of junky jerry cans out there though. A good can will not leak at all even under pressure. Wavian is considered a really good one. I still have a metal NATO style can I've had for years. The NATO style is nice, but it seems nobody understands them. My own preference is now for the Scepter military surplus plastic jerry cans. I have two of them. These are serious plastic, my money is on these being stronger than any steel can out there. The spout, or donkey d, is the best design I've seen. The vent is phenomenal, these pour so much faster than most other can, close to as fast as a VP racing can.