General Season Idaho Buck

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I remember reading a study that basically said, by three years old, big deer have expressed most of their potential frame wise.

From then on additional growth is mostly mass and extras.

I couldn't find the study, but here's an interesting article on antler growth.

Lots of big young deer get killed because we equate antler size with age, and a fair amount of 5+ year old 140 to 150 class four points get passed so they can "grow up" when in reality that's all they will ever be.

Congrats again on an awesome buck, whatever the age he's a giant.
agreed

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
What a stud buck! Congratulations way to be patient after seeing the hunting pressure. I have trouble sticking to areas were I pre scout big bucks if I start seeing hunting pressure. Like robby denning says "your not going to find another if you move on" sometimes its easier said then done though, way to be a good example!

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Corey, I’m still getting caught up on how to use Tap-a-talk and still looking through older posts... dude! that is a stud!! I’d shoot every single 3 yr old deer I could if they looked like that. Amazing deer. Good work on sticking it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deer_Bum

FNG
Toad of a buck! Pressure was high and the weather was cold for us too in ID. Had a couple good bucks but we couldnt close the deal on. Hope they’ll be bigger next year!