Georgia rut

I have a new tract of land this year in dodge county Ga and was wondering if anyone knows around when the bucks are chasing or if they already are etc. it’s in Eastman and I’ve hunted it a few days but most of the bucks were still nocturnal and until just recently were still hanging out in groups. I live a couple hours away so I plan on taking off work and hunting a few days and just wanted to know a round about on when to go. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rich M

WKR
It is on right now. Just sux that it is hot out.

I like to hunt a week-10 days before the actual rut. Pre-rut has more action imo.

The GON map is always a good starting point, I think it's about a week behind this year. Either way you should be hunting right now.

Long Cut

WKR
The Rut is wide open right now, in the Piedmont region of Georgia.
Georgia’s (any Southern State’s) rut is more of a prolonged, less intense rut, compared to many other regions.

Our warm temperatures, extremely high deer numbers, abundant thick foliage and heavily skewed doe to buck ratio’s don’t help us out. I’ve seen “rutting” behavior from October to February.
Does that aren’t successfully bred will come into heat every 28ish days.
When the temperatures stay in the 60-80 degree range, you’ll see more nighttime and early morning chasing than anything. Bucks will stick to a hot doe during the day, but that’s a very narrow window. Figure 24-48 hours per doe in heat.