Get a Carfax Report for Fellow Rokslider

treillw

WKR
Anyone have the ability to help out a fellow Rokslider by getting a carfax report or similar?

PM me for VIN.

Thanks!

Uh...... if it's listed on Cars.com or Autotrader they almost always include a Carfax report with the listing. If it's private party ask them to provide one for you. And worse case scenario, you pay $45 and buy one.

ROJO23

FNG
be careful buying a vehicle based on the carfax alone. I worked in a body shop and we saw many cars with poor quality prior repairs. Many customers said they had a clean carfax, but clearly the vehicle had been wrecked or had prior body repairs.

i personally drove 2 trucks from one dealership with clean carfax reports, and both had been wrecked. I pointed this out to the salesman. His response was 'the carfax does show it was ever wrecked'.

CorbLand

WKR
Popping this back up to see if someone could help me out. I need to check a pickup.

TSAMP

WKR
Of course

Attachments

• nicolas-cage-wait-a-sec.gif
    nicolas-cage-wait-a-sec.gif
    174.1 KB · Views: 30

Tahoe1305

WKR
Good idea asking btw. Likely some folks with dealerships or other connections that get them for free or have a large amount of them to use.

I spent $100 to get a few while I was car shopping and felt like it was a waste.

CorbLand

WKR
Good idea asking btw. Likely some folks with dealerships or other connections that get them for free or have a large amount of them to use.

I spent $100 to get a few while I was car shopping and felt like it was a waste.
The slide is one of the most helpful group there is.

I wish I could help people out but all I can do is confirm how bad the government is at spending your tax money.

Carfax had one of the best marketing campaigns I’ve ever seen in my life

They advertised the crap out of a product nobody ever heard of until everybody demanded the “free carfax”

Then all the car dealers were basically forced to buy into the program.

I pay $1500.00 per month to Carfax!!!

Last edited:
Slight derail here but whats the vehicle report scam that they try to pull when you are selling? I sold a truck last month and kept getting people saying they were interested but that I had to buy a certain vehicle history report they wanted. Is it a fake site that just steals my CC info if I fall for it?

Slight derail here but whats the vehicle report scam that they try to pull when you are selling? I sold a truck last month and kept getting people saying they were interested but that I had to buy a certain vehicle history report they wanted. Is it a fake site that just steals my CC info if I fall for it?
My guess it’s a website just to steal your payment information

DuckDogDr

WKR
Ehh carfax fugged me on a truck.
I was the last truck in a 3 car pile up.. speeding guy bumped into car behind me that bumped me.

Barely caused a dent in the bumper … got reported as major damage 🙄 and got dinged hard on trade in.