Gift ideas for $100?

DuckDogDr

WKR
Girlfriend is bugging me about what I want for valentines… I can’t think of anything specific.. especially in that budget .. so turning to y’all for advice.
I have sincere aspirations for a sheep hunt in the next 3 years so would like some ideas for things useful on that adventure.

Already have an exped sleeping mat and pillow
Have a titanium spork
Have a jet boil

Thought about asking for some merino tops or bottoms.. but anything is welcome.

TN2shot07

WKR
1. This is a reminder to thank my wife for not caring about Valentines, treat them right all the time and you don’t have to try and make up for it in one day!
2. Merino base layers are a solid choice.
3. It doesn’t always work but I’ll target a big specific item I’m wanting to upgrade (scope, pack, boots, clothing) find somewhere that stocks it and ask for a gift card. The key is when you make the purchase to let them know how awesome it is!

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Well @TN2shot07 … she typically not bad.. but this is the first gf I’ve managed to keep past the 2 year mark and she wants to stay home and cook steaks vs go to a swanky dinner.. so

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Good call! I better get my wife my list as well.

Heres some things we recommend pretty highly within that budget.

Kuiu Yukon Boot Gaiters
First Lite Merino-X Base Layers
Platypus GravityWorks 2.0 Water Filter
Kuiu Pro Bino Harness
Mtn Ops Trail Packs
Argali High Country Game Bags
Peak Refuel Meals
Kuiu Pro Merino 200 Zipoff Bottoms

Maybe something you might not splurge on yourself. Say, a high-end headlamp, ultralight gaiters, ultralight tarp?

Some ideas (solo or mix and match):
* Zip off bottoms (merino or fleece depending upon personal preference)
* Trekking poles
* Quality reusable game bags
* Quality electronics charger
* Quality merino underwear (got to take care of the boys)
* Quality merino socks
* Flask for celebrating anything you want (even good weather)
* Hunting-tuned first aid kit
* Gift card (not romantic but useful)

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Haven’t car camped . We are planning on a couple of back packing trips this spring / fall.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Which gaiters are the best?
Black Ovis / kennetrek / kuiu ?
Think I might have her get me a set of them

Rob5589

WKR
The Kuiu Yukon gaiters are a nice piece. Great fit, work very well keeping out moisture, so far very durable.

For $100 fishing and hunting licenses are good. Depending on the state you may get to throw in a deer tag or something else too.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on which one you pick it might be a little above $100 but a binocular harness is on my list.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
So she didn’t order me the gaiters.. she wanted me to have something I would use now.
Instead she got me a LED lighting kit for my gun safe and a new sling for my duck gun. The other one broke and she found one made out of the same material that our diving belts are made from. Supposed to not slip off your shoulder.