Glassing comfort while looking like an idiot

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
This is something I discovered on my Colorado trip last year. It was cold and windy and and my eyes were bothered by the cold wind. So much so I couldn’t use my spotter effectively because my eye was watering too much from the cold wind. There was nothing I could do to keep my eye from watering. Essentially I had zero visibility. Out of desperation I crabbed a blanket from the truck and covered my head and upper body with just the scope sticking out. It was a game changer. Not only did it fix the watering eye by blocking the wind, but it also made for a dark environment allowing me to keep both eyes open while using the spotter eliminating the typical eye fatigue of using one eye. For some reason the eye looking through the scope at a bright picture took dominance automatically while the other eye was looking in the dark. It didn’t require any concentration like it does when both eyes are in the light. I found it very comfortable using the spotter for extended periods of time with no eye fatigue. The only downside is looking like an idiot to others driving by wondering what I was doing. Has anyone else tried this?

Was it cold and windy? 🤣 I've used that before and completely agree. Buddy of mine doesn't glass for more than 10 minutes without doing that exact thing

nobody

WKR
Spotting scope bandit:

Bino bandit:

These are designed for exactly the types of situations you’re describing!