Glassing pad

Redarrow

FNG
So after returning from a deer hunt in AZ last jan I’ve concluded i need something to sit on for glassing hours at a time! What does everybody use/recommend? I will use it here in MT as well. Preferably something lightweight and compact

another zpad fan here.

I am also experimenting with this mountain mat from seek outside. The thought is for it to be a sitting pad for camp and glassing and to serve as a supplement to my airpad while sleeping. I cut one to 25 inches wide. Folded over 4-5x it is a comfy seat.

Trial153

WKR
I have a z seat...other then keeping you dry it's not exactly comfortable

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
lightweight- Therm-a-rest Z seat, but for a pound and the size of a Nalgene bottle you can get a Helinox chair zero and it's worth all 16 oz. Used to think how ridiculous it was to pack in a chair, until I used one...

mntnguide

WKR
My helinox chair zero earned its spot in my pack last summer. I spend every weekend from mid July on backpacking in the high country of western Wyoming, and that chair is worth every ounce of comfort it provides. Takes seconds to set up and take down and makes glassing and overall life so much more enjoyable after hauling a heavy pack all day etc. Ill gladly sacrifice weight elsewhere, but that chair stays in my pack now adays.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Helinox. Keeps yer azz outta the mud,snow,and cactus while 'glassing hours at a time'........ and the ol' wrinkly white azz stays comfy, and easier for old guys to get up off of without stiffening up or cramping.

MtnMuley

WKR
Chair Zero is
My helinox chair zero earned its spot in my pack last summer. I spend every weekend from mid July on backpacking in the high country of western Wyoming, and that chair is worth every ounce of comfort it provides. Takes seconds to set up and take down and makes glassing and overall life so much more enjoyable after hauling a heavy pack all day etc. Ill gladly sacrifice weight elsewhere, but that chair stays in my pack now adays.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Agree

Gutshotem

WKR
Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between the large and XL chair zero? Camofire has had the XL for a pretty good price lately.

OP
R

Redarrow

FNG
Thanx for the input guys, i really like the looks of that helinox chair, might have to give it a try

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Well after seeing that Helinox, and it weighing only a pound i just ordered one. FYI, Moosejaw has a 20% off code on their website with free shipping...

nrh6.7

WKR
maybe it's just me but I can get off the ground easier than I can get out of the chair zero. way comfortable but doesn't wanna let you go.