Glassing pad

Pursuer

Lil-Rokslider
Gearing up for a Montana hunt this fall. Don’t really want a wet rear end while glassing. What are you guys using as a packable glassing pad?

Mosby

WKR
I have a z seat and while light weight it isn't very comfortable. Better than hard ground but not my favorite. I still use it when hiking long distance but I prefer a 1 inch foam seat for everyday hunting.

Check out this guy. Name is a bit cheeky but I am becoming a big fan of mine.

40x80. 1/4 inch thick. Can be used as a ground cloth, fold in half and it is a 20x80 supplement to your inflatable pad. A few more folds and it is a great glassing and camp seat.

Check out this guy. Name is a bit cheeky but I am becoming a big fan of mine.

40x80. 1/4 inch thick. Can be used as a ground cloth, fold in half and it is a 20x80 supplement to your inflatable pad. A few more folds and it is a great glassing and camp seat.

That’s an interesting product 🤔

BluMtn

WKR
This is what I use. Hang it on the back of my pack. Keeps your rearend nice and toasty while your sitting. And cheap, so if you lose it you are ok except you will be back sitting on the ground.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
That’s an interesting product 🤔

Really liking mine. It covers me for a sit pad and I like having the extra protection under my inflatable hen sleeping.

I bought another and cut it to 80x25 to go under my wide sleeping pad. I had a puncture on a trip to Yellowstone a couple of years ago that left me cold and uncomfortable for a couple of nights.

It tears a bit here and there but tape fixes it easy. R value is probably minimal in sleep mode but It is 5oz of protection/insurance for my inflatable plus a sitting pad so it Pulls double duty for only a couple of extra ounces.

I don’t need my seat to fold up. I use the good old dirt cheap camo foam pad. The thicker model. I put two slices in it and run the two straps on the bottom of my daypack through them. It hangs behind me and I can sit at anytime. I can sit without even taking my daypack off. It’s right there where I need it when I need it.

Attachments

• 52173D5E-E85B-4E1A-A46B-CB816D24B9AE.jpeg
    52173D5E-E85B-4E1A-A46B-CB816D24B9AE.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 72

Poser

WKR
2.5 foot section of a old foam foam. I can sit on it in one piece or fold it half for double pad. I also use it to stand on to take a piss during the night to keep my feet from getting wet or dirty.

I also have a Sea to Summit inflatable pad that I use sometimes or occasionally in conjunction with the foam pad if the ground is particularly rocky.

Carr5vols

WKR
Someone posted these on the cheap gear thread the other day. Definitely seem like a good deal.

It was me, and I have used one 4 years but that as long as I could get out of it.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Z Pads are really nice and weigh just about nothing. i also have a KUIU glassing pad that i can fit nicely between my pack and frame.

rayporter

WKR
i have several that are various widths and thickness -my favorite is about 18 in wide and 40 in long and 3/16 to a quarter inch thick. it can be doubled to sit on or used to kneel on for cooking or to boost the base layer on my sleeping pad.

rcdinaz

FNG
The Phoenix Shooting Glassing Pad is by far the best I have found and is made here in the U.S. I have the outdoorsman, therma, foam ones, REI, and a few others but none of them compare to the Phoenix Pad. For $2 they ship the clips for your backpack with it. Their rear shooting bags are the best I have found as well, very light, tough, and made to clip to your bag.