Glove recommendation - late season whitetail in IL - have few pairs of First Lite, don't care for them. Suggestions would be welcomed.

nojas76

FNG
Classified Approved
Glove recommendation - late season whitetail in IL - have few pairs of First Lite, don't care for them. Suggestions would be welcomed.

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider

MKern85

Lil-Rokslider
I hate thick glove. I use hot hands and a hand muff or my fanatic jacket with hot hands.

Mosby

WKR
I am in the thin glove camp. Hand warmers and pants or coat pockets are my friend during deer season. I have never found thick gloves or choppers to be all that effective in really cold weather. My hands still got cold but I couldn't use my pockets and I had to take a glove off to shoot.

I buy cheap fleece gloves where I can find them.

I used the Kuiu axis gloves this year for bowhunting. Thin enough to feel comfortable shooting with a little practice but decently warm in reasonable temps and water resistant.

Drenalin

WKR
Right now I’m using Fish Monkey Wooly gloves (fingerless and full finger) and convertible Kinco ragg wool mitts (with a sticky toe warmer in the mitt). Not all together of course. So far so good, but gloves are such a pita I’m sure I’ll eventually hate all these too.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. Here us what I use ... Their muff is warmest I have ever tried. Gloves, with fingerless index, allows great flexibility for use with a bow or gun.

Sitka Fanatic gloves ... https://www.sitkagear.com/products/fanatic-glove/elevated-ii
Sitka Incinerator muff ... https://www.sitkagear.com/products/incinerator-muff/elevated-ii
This. Add Hot Hands to the muff. Getting in and out of your stand wear a cheap pair of jersey type gloves as your hands are likely to get wet.

Gone4Days

WKR
Chopper mitts. If bow hunting, fleece hand tube worn around the waist.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
outdoor research firebrand mittens and dont look back. Got mine on ebay for $100 new