Glue for HIT Inserts in RIP TKO Arrows

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
What glue do you guys recommend for HIT inserts.

Been reading about Victory Black Fusion and the Pine Ridge Insert Glue. Both of these are impact resistance glues that have some amount of rubber elasticity.

Any thoughts / recommendations?

kjw

WKR
Ive. used the bohning hot melt with that exact setup and have had no issues. I’ve used that blue stuff on multiple setups without problem.

Hpark3r

FNG
Ive. used the bohning hot melt with that exact setup and have had no issues. I’ve used that blue stuff on multiple setups without problem.
I was all Bohning blue cool melt until I bought a few 3D targets. For hunting and practicing with a block target it was just fine, but after donating a few tips/inserts to the denser foam, I transitioned to the Max Impact! 🤣

CB4

WKR
I am moving away from easton epoxy. I have had over 6 insert pull out using epoxy. Before it is asked, I cleaned the inside of the shafts thoroughly after cutting.

Bump79

WKR
Roughen the interior of the shaft, chamfer with provided hit tool, clean and use a 2 part epoxy. If shooting target sure shoot hot melt but in a hunting application that's a terrible idea in my opinion. On a hard impact that hit needs bond to prevent it from sliding back.

nphunter

WKR
Easton is what I use and works the best. I've used other glues in the past and the Easton HIT epoxy has always worked awesome. I've never had good luck with hot or cold melt, I do use it in my traditional arrows but think I will end up switching to Easton Epoxy after having several pull out.

Marble

WKR
Easton is what I use and works the best. I've used other glues in the past and the Easton HIT epoxy has always worked awesome. I've never had good luck with hot or cold melt, I do use it in my traditional arrows but think I will end up switching to Easton Epoxy after having several pull out.
Easton provides the epoxy for a reason. Used properly it is the best you can get to hold the HIT in.

In the 150ish arrows I've put together with the epoxy, 0 have pulled the tip. And I shoot a bunch 3d targets

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

wayoh22

WKR
I've noticed a decline in Easton's epoxy. When I first started using it, it was bomb-proof but in the past year I've switched to the Bohning Fee-L-Tite Cool Flex Hot Melt. Has been flawless for me the past few months and I shoot into 3D targets in the backyard everyday pretty much. What's nice is you're not committed to an insert. Just insert a field point, heat up the tip a little bit and you can pull it right out and switch inserts.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The last two times I used Easton's epoxy, I had inserts pull out. This was on Black Eagle, GT, and Sirius arrows. On those Sirius Apollo shafts and brass HIT's, I only put together three arrows to try and all three pulled out very quickly. I needed some new golf club epoxy anyway, so I bought this stuff and haven't had an issue since. That includes two dozen RIP TKO's with 75gr brass HIT's. I figure if it will handle the impact of a golf club constantly whacking the ball, then it should be fine for arrows hitting the target.

Seeknelk

WKR
Gorilla hot melt is the bomb! I've never had a pull out. It trees, 3d targets, rough burlap faces, anything. Never a problem and easy to find and cheap. It's been incredible. And easy to salvage parts if you want to.
Just make sure you only apply a little heat to the tip and then cool it in water after.
I also clean, rough up and glue the whole broadhead shank in also. Field tips I don't.