Glue for quiver

jakeaba

FNG
I have a Hoyt quiver that the top of which separated from the carbon fiber pole. I want to glue it on because Hoyt won’t cover it under warranty. Does anyone have a glue recommendation? I was thinking silicone or something so that it has a bit of flex, super glue seems brittle and would break the quiver if twisted out in the field or something. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eac496d567d7f4f39270efcb374907b1.jpg

eaaf766c36d287d9bf0211660acaa093.jpg

MattB

WKR
I had that same sort of thing happen to my Hoyt 2 piece on an elk hunt. The hood didn’t come off, but it allowed my arrows to touch the outside of my rest which I believe acrewes me in a shot. I though about expecting and then pinning mine. Epoxy would do though.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
A two part slow cure epoxy should work. JB weld would probably be good also.

Had the same thing happen. I used gorilla glue that I had laying around never had an issue after that

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-Rubb...ocphy=9008687&hvtargid=pla-568942286562&psc=1

Read the description of this glue. It is a CA glue so it would set quickly, but it is rubber toughened formulation so it will take impacts and not break loose. I've used this for the same application and it has stayed put very well. I've also used this for stabilizers that have broken loose and you can't get them apart with this glue.

OP
jakeaba

jakeaba

FNG
5 min Epoxy did the trick well, thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 6 year-old Tight Spot quiver hood separate from the carbon rods. Called TS and asked out of what I had at home....JB Weld (with steel), Easton 2-part long cure time epoxy that comes with Injexions for gluing in inserts, Super Glue and Bohning Hot Melt what they would recommend. Without any hesitation he recommended JB Weld. Plus he offered to replace or repair it, but I did not want to send it from Canada to MT (border times are always unknown) as I needed it for upcoming hunts. The JB repair has worked flawlessly for 5 years.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I’d most likely use whatever epoxy I had handy, but depending how mad I was at it I might drill it and use a small stainless machine screw.