Gold Tip Pierce LRT Components

ElfOR

FNG
It took a long time for the new Gold Tip LRT arrows to finally arrive. I was most excited to see the “upgraded” component system. On Lancaster it says “stainless steel” but they appear to be a flimsy aluminum half out with a small stainless steel collar (disappointing as I was hoping it was an all steel system). I still gave them a shot. Pre-shoot spin they looked fine. 100 or so shots into dice target and a few others and they have a visible wobble. One miss and insert is comically bent. No way I’m continuing to use them especially hunting.

I also got the .166 titanium half-out from gold tip and it’s so much better for durability. I do wish they offered a collar system in titantium.

I’ve shot gold tip my entire archery career and I do really like them. Just sharing my experience with the components if others are interested. Yes I know there are several after market components available that are more durable but when you pay $20 an arrow you’d hope to get something usable.

B5EA3B44-FAF2-47CF-9CCD-31BEAA3FC3CF.jpeg8BD330EB-0564-4107-A999-E930CC0C1053.jpeg

Last edited:

Bump79

WKR
I've had great luck with the Nexxus grade 5 Ti components. In 3 years, I've yet to break or bend one.

I use their 400 spine component on my 300 spine BE X Impact or Element Storm shaft. I typically find them for $55 bucks a dozen. Just make sure you set the depth of the components that thread together. If not depending on you're head it might not seat

i'd never seen the nexxus before. Those look really nice - would be a fantastic option for a procomp arrow build.

sndmn11

WKR
I've never heard of nexxus either. Their website doesn't do a very good job of explaining what their system entails, but I think I get the gist of it.

Bump79

WKR
Similar in a way to Day Six components as they both thread together. Just in different spots. Day Six probably has a better runout but all of my Nexxus have spun perfectly if you square you're arrows.