Good 2 person tent for tall guys

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I are doing a 4-night backpacking trip to North Manitou Island this summer. It's an annual trip and the only real overnight use I would have for the tent. Last year we used a cheap one that was to small and heavy and sucked. I am 6'6" and my son is 6'2" both thin so need a long one. Last year we had way too much weight so I would like a lighter one. I don't mind spending a few hundred but so not want to get crazy for once a year.

Thanks

Guardian could work well with or without Nest. Good amount of room. I’ve used Eolus with two 6’2 guys and it was fine as well but fairly tight.

JLeeC10

FNG
Seek outside Cimarron or kifaru sawtooth.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Do you have a preference between the two? Any specific experience you have with them would be helpful. Setup, performance in wet or windy conditions, comfort, useable space, anything like that would help. I’m leaning Cimarron right now

Hoghead

WKR
Never ended up with a sawtooth. I had my eye on them for a long time. Use the Cimarron a lot. My buddy and I ended up getting an 8 man and then traded it for a redcliff.
We use the Cimarron the most. We do hunting and fishing pack trips. Fits him 6'6", his son 7 years old, me and my dogs comfortable. I'm 5'11", and the dogs are both 50 pounds. The Cimarron is hard to beat in size to weight ratio. If you have any specific questions or want to know more about the redcliff or 8-man, message me your number, and I will call you. I'm not much for typing.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
i used and still for almost ten years now the msr mutta hubba that is said to be for 3 persons .... im only 6 ft 5 and you cannot fit 3 of me there, my wife that is smaller fits well so it is perfect for 2 i will say. we re using in mountain and on fly out.