Good Feet Store?

Have any of you tried the Good Feet Store? Do they make insoles that will hold up to mountain hunting? I've got a few issues (spent most of my life working and hunting in crap boots), I have done the Lathrop & Sons mapping, just wondering what else is out there and available... any insight is appreciated.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was planning on using Good Feet. Its not cheap and they put on a sales pitch. I found out Sole brand insoles worked great for me. May be worth exhausting those cheaper options first. Sole has a satisfaction guarantee refund. Greenfeet work for alot of people. Im glad I didnt throw down a bunch of dough for
insoles. If I had I think I would go with my foot Dr. I dont know that these other sales people hold some magic insole formula that is unkmown to any foot Dr.

you could get custom molded insoles for the SAME price or cheaper than Good Feet ones. Theirs are non-custom and way over priced.

Last edited:
OP
N
Thanks guys, I had wondered if their prices were worth the hype and had read that they were not really doing any custom work... I will check into Sole.

Question for you. Did you think the Lathrop mapping was worth the cost?

Yes, I think it was worth it, especially if you are dealing with some issues. I only wish that I had done it before I bought my L&S boots... I have always wore boots that are too flexible and too short for me - that, combined with the fact that I am getting older, I bought a pair too short for my current size (even after returning the first pair for half a size larger). Stephen and James did an awesome job with their initial questioning and we thought we had it figured out (totally my fault).

Short story long, after an all summer break-in, a 20+ mile back-country trip made it obvious that they would not work (part of one foot was completely numb for the next 3 months). So, I ordered the mapping kit this winter and have had a couple of very long phone calls with James - he has been extremely helpful!

At this point I am just trying to decide what to do, James has recommended the Lowa Tibet or their Mtn Hunter - both with custom work and in a full size larger than my first pair, and in wide. As this is expensive (and that I don't like the idea of having to buy custom boots for the rest of my life), I figure that I owe it to myself to check out everything that is out there before I make a decision (plus, I have a pair of L&S Mtn Hunters that I should sell). So, over the last few months, I have looked at every boot that I can get my hands on. For what it's worth, if you haven't handled or seen an L&S boot in person, they are impressive - the fit and finish is second-to-none and the hardware is awesome (the best lacing system I've seen or used yet).

If you are on the fence about the mapping system, I would give them a call - I bet with a few questions, they can tell you whether or not you should do the mapping, or if you can just order stock boots - just know that if you do the mapping system and require custom work, you will probably be another $8-900 for the boots (probably well worth it if you have issues with stock boots). When I had these conversations with them, I didn't help them at all because I was completely oblivious to the issues I have. Probably because I had always just "made do" with whatever boot I had, and my feet never really bothered me (getting older sucks), and if they did bother me, I just moved through it and promptly forgot about the issues once they healed.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling... James and Stephen are great guys to talk with and seem to be straight shooters.

I went to my local Good Feet store several years ago when I was having problems with heel spurs. I stood on their "mapping mats" to ascertain my problem spots. After their analysis, they concluded that I needed some $800 shoe inserts, of which none was payable by my Health Insurance.
I left the store without spending the money for inserts. I ended up at Wal Mart, and found the Dr. Scholls machine that you stand on, and it reads which of their inserts is suitable for your feet. I ended up buying a pair of the CF 440, thinking I would try them, and return them if they didn't work. They worked almost immediately, giving me relief from the pain of the heel spurs. After two days of wearing the insoles, I went back a bought another pair for another pair of shoes. I have been wearing them ever since.