Good one

grainhog

FNG
I used to do residential construction. Once on a remote job site a coworker scooped a fresh roadkill jackrabbit off the road and tied it to the undercarriage of another coworker's pickup with bailing wire. Everyone else knew; the feeling in the air on the jobsite over the ensuing days as his concern for the mysterious smell during his commute grew would be tough to replicate.

Supposedly he finally brought it into a shop and a mechanic put the rig on a lift. Called the guy over and said something to the effect of, "I think it might be this rabbit carcass wired to the frame".

Any other good ones?

Rob5589

WKR
When I was a mechanic a customer brought in their truck and my partner found a rotting cat carcass on the rear diff. Seems it was hit by a car and laid up there and died. He got all sick and had to go home:LOL:

Stuff we used to do in the ambulance before people got too soft; cut down styrofoam cups of water on the visor, KY the door handles, leave all the lights and sirens on so they came on at start up, tape the PA mic keyed up, paper cups of water in boots. One of our guys bought some fish, put it in a basin, and stashed it in a cabinet to rot for weeks.

I once had a pack of chicken breast fall out of the grocery bag and slide in my door pocket. My wife put the groceries up and didn’t notice the chicken wasn’t in the bags.

I found the chicken 7 days later. Middle of august. All those hours in the cab of a pickup truck. You could imagine. I over looked it a thousand times while looking for the smell. My work trucks have those pockets stuffed with all sorts of stuff. I simply didn’t see it for all those days. It funked up that truck.

Azone

WKR
Dead rattlesnakes coiled up in the back of trucks or jeeps have definitely caused a few profanity laced tirades in my circle. After one of my friends hid one in my sister in law’s boyfriends tent we finally had to call a truce and ban that shenanigan. But I will never forget watching two guys scream like girls tripping over each other and ripping the zipper open on that tent trying to get away from it.
One other time we rigged up a dead rattlesnake to one of my fishing rods and we would slowly reel it across the sidewalk as all the people from a local high school football game were exiting the stadium. Good times.

Fatcamp

WKR
Somebody unwound the plastic wrap from a pallet of tile, say 50' or so, and the tied the tag end to the frame of a coworkers car. The rest was stuffed up under the car secure enough to make it to the interstate for the 50 mile ride home.

He did not get pulled over, didn't find it until he pulled into his driveway, and was super pissed the next day.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Somebody unwound the plastic wrap from a pallet of tile, say 50' or so, and the tied the tag end to the frame of a coworkers car. The rest was stuffed up under the car secure enough to make it to the interstate for the 50 mile ride home.

He did not get pulled over, didn't find it until he pulled into his driveway, and was super pissed the next day.
We seran wrapped a buddies car shut with several boxes back in high school. Left a knife in the wrapping to where he could see it, but it was too deep in the plastic for him to get it and use to cut everything.

He didn’t mention it at all and at the end of the day, when we went into the parking lot his truck had all the wrapping removed. Figured he just didn’t know who did it and didn’t mention it to us.

Driving home, my truck was driving very funny. Turns out he took all of the wrapping off, then wrapped my axles.

Used to take a squid or two and put them under the hub cap of a buddies rig. Not a very nice thing to do.

MattB

WKR
We used to prank one another in the office all the time. One of my colleagues did the ALT CTRL arrow thing to make my computer display turn 90 degrees. My retort was to hide 3 of those cherry scented pine tree-shaped air fresheners in her cube. I didn't realize until later you were only supposed to cut the end off the package and not remove them entirely from the packaging. Even though I sat about 45 feet from her, the smell was so strong it actually made my throat burn a little while sitting at my desk. I can't imagine what it was like in her cube.

Fast forward about a week and I sat down at my desk to start the day and immediately realized she had found at least one and hid it in my cube...

cnelk

WKR
I had a co-worker that bought a new Toyota Tacoma.
He had it about a week and one day I snuck out to the parking lot and poured a little oil right under the engine. Even dribbled some down along side motor…

Walked back into the office and said “Hey Ed, just walked by your new truck and saw it’s leaking oil”

He went out and looked, came back in and called the dealership!

We calmed him down before it got too far out of hand.

Another time I put a long zip tie around a buddies driveshaft. When he drove he could hear this ‘ticking’, when he slowed down it got slower and obvious when he stopped, so did the ticking. Lol.
Took him awhile to find the zip tie. Lol

Yoder

WKR
We seran wrapped a buddies car shut with several boxes back in high school. Left a knife in the wrapping to where he could see it, but it was too deep in the plastic for him to get it and use to cut everything.

He didn’t mention it at all and at the end of the day, when we went into the parking lot his truck had all the wrapping removed. Figured he just didn’t know who did it and didn’t mention it to us.

Driving home, my truck was driving very funny. Turns out he took all of the wrapping off, then wrapped my axles.
A jackass I used to work with was always bragging about how many deer he killed in Texas. How he hunted with Ted Nugent one time and just how awesome of a hunter he was. He hunted three years in VA before I moved there and never got a deer. I never said much but, I killed two every single year I was there. After the second year I put a deer leg in a gift bag on his desk. To "get me back" he shrink wrapped my truck. He was really fat and had bad knees. It was about 90 out and he came in covered in sweat. I don't even know how long it took him to do it. At least an hr. At the end of the day I went out to my truck and he was laughing. I pulled out my knife and cut the wrap off in maybe 30 seconds and threw it in the back of the truck. Man, you got me.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had one of my young wardens attending the Law Enforcement Academy, by sheer luck he was getting a brand new work truck. One of my older wardens was also getting a new truck. He grabbed another warden to drive to Helena with, the idea he'd turn in his old truck and drive the new one back; the other warden would drive the young warden's truck and drop it off at the academy.

On the drive to Bozeman (that's where the old academy was) they saw a dead skunk off the side of the road. They both pulled over, lowered the spare tire on the young wardens truck and put in and back up.

When they arrived at the academy to deliver the truck, the warden apologized and said he hit a skunk on the way down. The young warden left the truck parked in the lot, which also happened to be near a residential section of town.

A day or two or later, someone in the "neighborhood" complained to Academy staff that they were getting strong smell of skunk from their property. They quickly narrowed the smell, to the young warden's truck. They got him out of class and he explained that the warden that delivered it hit a skunk. Perfectly plausible and the smell should soon dissipate.

Another day or so, the same neighbor complained of the skunk smell. They told the warden he better run it through the car wash. He did thinking that would be the end of it.

Nope. Still smelling and yet another call to the academy. The Academy folks were not in a good mood and told the young warden it had better be taken care of this time or else!

The young warden worked his way all around the vehicle and finally decided to lower the spare and lo and behold- one rotten and stinking skunk :D

Wapiti1

WKR
Got a dog leash and collar, put it on a skinned out coyote, tied it to buddies bumper, slid coyote and leash under truck for safe keeping.

He got a lot of frantic people yelling at him to stop on I-15. "you're dragging your dog!!!"

At first he yelled back, "I don't have a dog", then decided he'd better see what the issue was.

He took the lug nuts off my passenger side rear tire which promptly fell off when I left work. He was nice enough to leave them with the jack and tire iron.

Jeremy

CorbLand

WKR
Dead rattlesnakes coiled up in the back of trucks or jeeps have definitely caused a few profanity laced tirades in my circle. After one of my friends hid one in my sister in law’s boyfriends tent we finally had to call a truce and ban that shenanigan. But I will never forget watching two guys scream like girls tripping over each other and ripping the zipper open on that tent trying to get away from it.
One other time we rigged up a dead rattlesnake to one of my fishing rods and we would slowly reel it across the sidewalk as all the people from a local high school football game were exiting the stadium. Good times.
I hate snakes. ******* hate them. If you did that to me, there would be no ripping the zipper. I would make a new exit.

One day at work we got the brilliant idea to wire a coworkers horn to his blinker. We made a false maintenance call to get him to the other side of campus and crawled under his pickup. Well, weeks turn into months and he hasn’t said anything. We finally asked him about it just curious and he said nothing ever happened when he used his blinker. We figured that the connection wasn’t good enough and chalked it up to a swing and a miss. A couple weeks later he turned his brights on and got greeted with a blaring horn.

Last edited:

Vaultman

WKR
Froze a plate of dated milk, then removed the plate, and slid frozen milk disc under my college dorm neighbors door right after he left for spring break. That place smelled terrible upon return for spring quarter.

sram9102

WKR
Bartended in college... We used to post cars on Indys craigslist for way under their value and put down phone numbers of over zelous guys who had given their numbers to the female bartenders. You would have been amazed at the number of interest parties for clean 2010 mustangs for 4k in 2012.